• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Licenses Dragon Ball's Yamcha Spinoff, Ao Haru Ride, Radiant Manga, More

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coup d'État

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Does Yamcha have enough pages to be an entire book? Huh, neat, I'll pick that up.

It's nice to see Nihei getting more love. Personally, I'm still waiting for a print version of 'Academy and so on'.

'Ran and the Gray World' may be something to pick up, too. Never heard of it before, but it looks cute.
Edit: I take that back. It's not for me at all.

Last edited by Coup d'État on Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Animechic420

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:31 pm Reply with quote
For me, Ran and the Gray World stopped being good after chapter 35. I....couldn't take what happened. Crying or Very sad
duwanger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Solid announcements. Ran and the Gray World is such a beautiful manga, can't wait to own it in print.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Super jazzed that we're getting Radiant! I read a preview or something of it a while ago and really liked what I saw.
Lucky_Deity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I literally just ordered the Japanese volume of the Yamcha manga last night as I was unsure if Viz were going to release it or not and I wanted to own it in some form or other.

Well, it'll still be cool to own the Japanese volume (my first Japanese manga) and I'll pick this up when it releases also. Also ordered the first volume of Super Dragon Ball Heroes... look, that'll get licensed next, won't it, hahaha.
Robiii

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Omg, so many good manga gettin’ licensed n released! Really excited for Radiant!
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Neat, a very solid slate! Since the DBZ Yamcha thing is one vol, I'm definitely getting it (who doesn't like making fun of Yamcha?)

Ran and the Gray World looks interesting. It also looks a tad slice of life, so maybe I'll rent it first.

Radiant excites me though, French comics are awesome and I'd love to see what another country does with shonen.

Blue Spring Ride probably won't do anything for me. I tried reading her other work, Strobe Edge, I rented it from the library twice, and it was just such a sleep aid for me. But this series seems to be more well known, who knows. But it's "rental first" territory for me, to say the least.

This makes up (a bit) for the salty news out of Sentai earlier!
ZeroCha0s

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Great to see Ao Haru Ride and Radiant getting picked up. Been wanting to read Ao Haru Ride for while and was thinking about it recently though I wished the volumes were gonna be in 2-in-1 omnis but I'm fine with this.
ETX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:45 pm Reply with quote
>Radiant

Consider me interested.
Rosiero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Ah man, I played myself... I was scrolling down the headlines and saw Record of Grancrest War was licensed. Got my hopes up that it was the novels. Sad
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Good news. Really like "Strobe Edge" -liked right from the start- and enjoyed "Aoharu Ride" quite a bit as well. "Sono omokage wo shitteru" - from the Betsuma anniversary issue - one of my favourite one-shots. Curious what Viz'll do with the latter two in English translation. And what about the "Strobe Edge" special also incorporated? Orphaned?

Is Sakisaka's, ongoing, "Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare" only available in Japanese, Italian and French, so far, btw?
Since "Kimi ni Todoke" ended, hers is one of the series doing the heavy lifting of keeping Betsuma in print.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:34 am Reply with quote
Definitely getting Blue Spring Ride. Loved the anime, and I've been waiting around for this to get picked up. Must know how the story ends.

I may get the Yamcha manga, just to see what that one is like. It being 1 volumes doesn't hurt either.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1