• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hiro Mashima: 'Final Season' of Fairy Tail TV Anime to Premiere this Fall

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMorry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:23 am Reply with quote
I cant wait till its October! Im pretty sure this is going to be a weekly dub by Funimation like they did with Zero, at least i hope its going to be weekly. Waiting months for dubbed episodes to come out for Fairytail is painful xD.

I wonder what other announcements he has in store for us. Perhaps another movie? He did say that he wasnt totally done with Fairy Tail despite starting a new series.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:32 am Reply with quote
This fall eh? I more looking forward to A certain magical index this fall "Assuming it is coming then that is".

However lets see the mess of a ending that Fairy Tail had
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:09 am Reply with quote
Man, I don't know.... it's hard to get excited after having read the manga. This final arc is a total mess. Opponents to powerful that they needed complete bullshit reasoning to get rid of them. Motivations to convoluted that it's hard to even understand them. And a conclusion so underwhelming that it's impossible to care about it. It was terrible. I can't remember one good thing about this arc while I can say at least a few positive things about every previous arc. It was so disappointing.
Baggie_Saiyan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:14 am Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
I cant wait till its October! Im pretty sure this is going to be a weekly dub by Funimation like they did with Zero, at least i hope its going to be weekly. Waiting months for dubbed episodes to come out for Fairytail is painful xD.

I wonder what other announcements he has in store for us. Perhaps another movie? He did say that he wasnt totally done with Fairy Tail despite starting a new series.

Oh man painful was an understatement! FUNi will deffo SD this no way they won't

Hiro said they're be two FT spin off Manga and one more announcement regarding FT that is a secret for now.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:52 am Reply with quote
Very psyched for this. Sad to think it will be the final season, though. I wish FT was a never-ending title like One Piece.
BigHeadClan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:19 am Reply with quote
About time! Happy to see they are going to finish off the series, as it's only 1 more arc I imagine the production quality will be top notch as well.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:24 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to this! There's several moments in the last half of the manga I'd love to see animated. Although I think I'll be crying more seeing them animated versus reading the manga, but eh... that's fine. Anime hyper
Eddy564

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Not exactly thrilled over this considering how ridiculous FT’s last arc was. That and Bleach’s have a deadlock tie for underwhelming endings in the shonen genre.

But, it will be cool to revisit some of the flashy action moments that kept me somewhat glued to the narrative.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:07 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Man, I don't know.... it's hard to get excited after having read the manga. This final arc is a total mess. Opponents to powerful that they needed complete bullshit reasoning to get rid of them. Motivations to convoluted that it's hard to even understand them. And a conclusion so underwhelming that it's impossible to care about it. It was terrible. I can't remember one good thing about this arc while I can say at least a few positive things about every previous arc. It was so disappointing.

All facts. The arc before it was wasn't much better either.
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:26 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:

This. Literally every part of this. Couldn't have said it better myself if I tried. But despite my last two functioning braincells advising against it, I'm still looking forward to the anime coming back, and plan on watching it
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1