• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bozebeats Manga Ends in Shonen Jump

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:27 pm Reply with quote
I think a lot of people saw this coming, it had some interesting ideas I suppose but the writing was all over the place and felt messy. Among a few other various problems. I hope the creator of the series learns from this and moves on to making something with improved writing.
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:39 pm Reply with quote
I don't care about the series itself, but what's up with Shueisha cancelling a lot of series when it runs in Weekly Shonen Jump before they got their chance to unveil? Not even Shonen Magazine does that often, as with Shonen Sunday if we set aside the large-scale collective cancelling of their titles when the 50th anniversary came out in the past.
At least other publishers with their own shonen mags don't unnecessarily cancel their works because of their very lax editorial freedoms.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:43 pm Reply with quote
No surprise here, the storytelling was pretty messy after all.

TarutoClown93 wrote:
I don't care about the series itself, but what's up with Shueisha cancelling a lot of series when it runs in Weekly Shonen Jump before they got their chance to unveil? Not even Shonen Magazine does that often, as with Shonen Sunday if we set aside the large-scale collective cancelling of their titles when the 50th anniversary came out in the past.
At least other publishers with their own shonen mags don't unnecessarily cancel their works because of their very lax editorial freedoms.

If it's not bringing in high views and rank at the start then of course it gets canceled. One volume worth of chapters is enough time to hook an audience or condemn the manga.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:34 am Reply with quote
Man, a lot of WSJ shows in the past few years (to be more specific, I will use 5 years ago to this day for this post) have gotten axed. In such cases, moving to e-manga form might help. Though unlikely, that low volume count is enough to get a faithful anime adaptation (OVA or TV).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1