• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - What the Hell is Happening in Food Wars!?

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denys Lalande

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:26 pm Reply with quote
"Food Nazis" -- am I the only one who remembers the "Ohta Faction" from the original _Iron Chef_ series?
Crext

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:30 pm Reply with quote
The Culinary Communism has been portrayed masterfully. The ending of last season really played up towards it, Azami even took rhetoric straight out of Mao's little red book and does it out of "compassion for the many". All who fall in line will be accepted, all who have diverging opinions will be executed (aka. expelled). If his vision really came to life, then I wonder what the people who couldn't afford to go to his expensive restaurants would do since diners and McDonald's wouldn't be allowed. Would it still be allowed to cook your own food at home? But what if you started serving the people next door? The Food KGB would kick down your door and siege your sardines!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1