• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mega Man 11 Trailer Confirms Early October Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Xebec should do some anime shorts to promote the game for Capcom.
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Pretty ridiculous still no female robot masters besides Splash

Just dumb
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Love the trailer (aside from the abysmal voice acting) and can't wait for the game to come out at the end of this year! Smile
MarthKoopa wrote:

Just dumb

I don't necessarily remember anything about Capcom saying that female robot masters would become the norm post 9. If anything, Splash Woman was there as a specific to 9.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Mega Man 10 didn't have any either, though it would've been nice to have one for this one or something.

(I also find it amusing that in the promo image, they mosaiced out the names of the Robot Masters on the microfiber cloth, even Block Man and Fuse Man.)
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:33 am Reply with quote
So Keith Silverstein as Dr. Wily and Ben Diskin as Mega Man. I can totally roll with those choices as they are among my favorite VAs. : )
CurseTheSky

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:22 pm Reply with quote
MarthKoopa wrote:

Just dumb

I get it, the women's revolution is in full swing. But please explain to me why women have to be in or involved in EVERY little thing ever released? Just for the sake of it?
CosmicCortex

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:30 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
So Keith Silverstein as Dr. Wily and Ben Diskin as Mega Man. I can totally roll with those choices as they are among my favorite VAs. : )

Doug Stone as Dr. Light, too, from the sound of it.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:20 pm Reply with quote
CurseTheSky wrote:
MarthKoopa wrote:

Just dumb

I get it, the women's revolution is in full swing. But please explain to me why women have to be in or involved in EVERY little thing ever released? Just for the sake of it?

While I find denouncing the game because it has no female Robot Masters in it to be an overreaction, I would consider that as much of an overreaction in the other direction. I'd like to see another female Robot Master myself and did feel pretty disappointed there wouldn't be another one, but I find it bizarre you would get annoyed over people hoping for such a thing.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 2:45 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
While I find denouncing the game because it has no female Robot Masters in it to be an overreaction, I would consider that as much of an overreaction in the other direction. I'd like to see another female Robot Master myself and did feel pretty disappointed there wouldn't be another one, but I find it bizarre you would get annoyed over people hoping for such a thing.

Probably because of modern feminism and its neverending quest to point out that any creative media without "strong women" in it is automatically sexist and misogynistic. I'm only speculating though.
CurseTheSky

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:36 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

Hoping for something is one thing. Calling it ridiculous and dumb is entirely another.
megazero

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:49 am Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:
Xebec should do some anime shorts to promote the game for Capcom.

Looks like this is not going to happen anytime soon.
I think Mega Man 8 was the last title from the original series where Xebec is involved.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1