• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New contents on the Anime News Network - Official channel?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fireminer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:09 pm Reply with quote
If possible, can I ask why haven't ANN Youtube channel got new contents for month? And what about original contents? Yours "Studio Tours", which I really enjoyed, was produced around a decade ago, and since then ANN had rarely made any original video contents anymore.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:12 pm Reply with quote
That stuff was really expensive to produce. While we were very proud of it, it was a major money loser.

Times have changed however. Producing video is cheaper now, our traffic is much bigger, and a few other things. We already plan to look into video again later this year and in 2019.
Fireminer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:47 am Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
That stuff was really expensive to produce. While we were very proud of it, it was a major money loser.

Times have changed however. Producing video is cheaper now, our traffic is much bigger, and a few other things. We already plan to look into video again later this year and in 2019.

This is great news indeed! I hope your plan will become fruitful!.

Also, I am no expert or anything, but maybe you guys should start small. It seems to be the basic of a lot of successful Youtube channels to me: Starting with bite-size contents released frequently to raise the fanbase and keep them engaged, before moving into something more elaborate.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:14 am Reply with quote
Late reply, but...

What we're planing on is small, under 5 minute, companion pieces to other editorial article. So we might do something like the old studio tours, but the interview section would be entirely text, and we might publish 1 or 2 companion videos showing the visually cool aspects...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1