• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Australia's Madman Ent. Licenses Kuroko's Basketball Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuroko the Best Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:04 am Reply with quote
Nice. Wonder if we'll ever get a KnB dub.
NormanicGrav

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:06 am Reply with quote
Kuroko the Best Stalker wrote:
Nice. Wonder if we'll ever get a KnB dub.

While I would like to see a dub, apparently Madman are planning to release the series subtitle only and DVD only.
curtisd88

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:14 am Reply with quote
I need someone to license it for North America!
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:33 am Reply with quote
There are so many sports anime fans (mainly fujoshi) on tumblr, so you'd think stuff like Prince of Tennis, Oofuri or Major would sell well, but no. Crying or Very sad
AwaysAnnoyed

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Madman has a good hunch of where the money lies
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Not sure whether this is worth adding to the article, but Sly also mentioned that they were considering a Limited Edition release or something special along those lines given that this is kind of a big deal. But it seemed like a pretty big 'maybe' given that they've only just jumped on sporty bishonen bandwagon.

It absolutely baffles me that not one of these sport anime has gotten an English dub given their popularity among both male and female viewers. But never say never I guess. Last year at SMASH Love Live was nowhere to be found and the chances of a dub seemed slim at best. One year later a dub has been confirmed and the convention space is covered in Love Live.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:01 pm Reply with quote
curtisd88 wrote:

Same here, or else I need a region-specific DVD/BD player for Madman Ent.'s series (add this to Chihayafuru).

Still holding out hope for KuroBas getting a stateside release someday. I will throw all my money at the BD.
curtisd88

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
curtisd88 wrote:

Same here, or else I need a region-specific DVD/BD player for Madman Ent.'s series (add this to Chihayafuru).

Still holding out hope for KuroBas getting a stateside release someday. I will throw all my money at the BD.

Bruh I got money to blow for this series. As long as Aniplex don't have it though. Can't handle their prices and 4-6 episode box sets lol.
rachael.sadlier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:36 am Reply with quote
Great!!! All we need is a North American Licensee
cosain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:44 am Reply with quote
sweeeet
seems like they're listening to aussie fans who want more sports anime!
Haikyuu, KuroBas and YowaPeda, im impressed as always Madman! Very Happy
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:21 am Reply with quote
curtisd88 wrote:
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
curtisd88 wrote:

Bruh I got money to blow for this series. As long as Aniplex don't have it though. Can't handle their prices and 4-6 episode box sets lol.

Have to agree with you there, brother (Been a while since I've been mistaken for a guy lol).

Some LEs are worth the price but more often than not I can't justify dropping that kind of cash on a single series, even one I adore.

Keep the faith alive, comrade. *bro fist*
curtisd88

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:38 am Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
curtisd88 wrote:
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
curtisd88 wrote:

Have to agree with you there, brother (Been a while since I've been mistaken for a guy lol).

Some LEs are worth the price but more often than not I can't justify dropping that kind of cash on a single series, even one I adore.

Keep the faith alive, comrade. *bro fist*

*Bro fist back*
ravager

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Apologies for bumping a three-year-old thread, but this is no longer true. According to their CSR.

I've been emailing them over the years about the status of the home video release, and have always received a vague response. However I finally received a definite denial in 2018. See second image:

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1