• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Adds Railgun, Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Orphen Spinoff Manga; 3 Light Novel Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CatSword

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm here for anything Dragon Maid. The Sgt. Frog mangaka being on the Dragon Quest manga also has my attention.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
VampireNaomi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Definitely picking up Classmates. Other than that, nothing for me, but the Dragon Quest series might interest some kids I know.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps you should add Mushoku Tensei and Classroom of the Elite to either the title or the blurb..? That would bring more clicks cause that's what people wanted the most Laughing
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:54 pm Reply with quote
I mean, sure, I suggest Twelve Kingdoms and Kino's Journey in their monthly surveys every single time for light novels, but more isekai, yeah, sure, sure. I'll just be over here in this section, the one with Claudine and Dyoukusei and the classic old school stuff.

Also, Dyoukusei pretty well instantly got the most likes and retweets. That was the clear winner for me as well (though I'm also a bit of a Railgun/Index sucker, and a Dragon Quest sucker, but I don't need them in my possession immediately either. But I will eventually get those probably)

I overall quite like Seven Seas, but I also feel like they hit one or two in ten for me and the rest are just like "naaaah, I'm good". But I guess if they help pay for my 15%....
katscradle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Excellent news someone got print rights for Classmates/Graduates, as Juné can seem to do incredibly little these days since the DMI Kickstarter mess. (I was actually hoping the publisher and Nakamura would turn them down if and when Juné approached to do more with it because Juné seemed to have ideas at one point.)

I hope Seven Seas were able to work out the rights to everything in the Japanese edition of the books as well. The digital edition DMG put out is missing content and there was nothing upfront disclosed about that for the first book. In fact the Juné website still doesn’t even have the same statement as the next books about missing pages. Licensing issues happen but, you should be honest with your customers about what they are buying.

While I like Nakamura’s darker stuff more, Classmates is a nice series you can recommend pretty easily. So hopefully Seven Seas will be encouraged to follow it up with O.B. and Sora & Hara too.
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:02 pm Reply with quote
It'll be great to see Classmates in print! Definitely picking that one up.

Also curious about Dragon Quest Monsters+. I enjoy the games, but normally don't go for such manga spinoffs. However, since Mine Yoshizaki's involved, I might check it out.

Last edited by R. Kasahara on Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Classmates AND Transparent Light Blue?! Sign me up.
G S Palmer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me, or does Division Maneuver sound like the most generic light novel in existence? I'm 100% certain I've seen multiple other series with exactly the same plot. I wonder what about this series is interesting enough to warrant it getting licensed?
Testarossah_

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:25 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
I mean, sure, I suggest Twelve Kingdoms and Kino's Journey in their monthly surveys every single time for light novels, but more isekai, yeah, sure, sure.

Wait, you suggest an isekai and then complains about "more isekai"? Laughing
Raebo101

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:44 pm Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
I'm here for anything Dragon Maid.

You and me both. It helps that Elma is my favorite of the dragon girls. Picking this up Day One! Very Happy
sdsyukichan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Oh I am so happy about a physical release for Doukyusei. I was worried we'd never get one. This is one I'll pick up instantly.
harminia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Dōkyūsei!!!! finally more nakamura for my shelf
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:38 pm Reply with quote
About time 7S got the Mushoku Tensei novels. I kinda wish JNC could’ve gotten digital rights and translate it as it has like 24 volumes which would take them about 4 years. 7S might take something like 6 years at the fastest. Though I’m fine with anyone getting it as long as it’s not Yen Press, as it would’ve taken them like 8 years. Now to wait till next year for the first volume...
Coup d'État

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:12 am Reply with quote
Ooooh, I know who Asumiko Nakamura is! She did that ultra-fancy looking chapter in Neo Parasyte f.
I don't care much for the story, but I guess this'll be one of the rare cases where I buy a manga solely for it's art.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1