• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Cells at Work! Makes Learning Fun (and Disgusting)

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Fun show but its getting a bit repetitive, pathogen show up, new version of white blood cell clean up, rinse and repeat. I hope they do a bit more stuff over time rather than stick with the monster of the week approach.
CatSword

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:22 pm Reply with quote
I honestly hope that next year we get an adaptation of the BLACK spinoff manga, which is about the cells inside the body of someone who smokes, drinks excessively, eats too much, etc. It's not even fan-translated yet but from what I've heard it's quite intense compared to the original and perhaps one of the greatest anti-smoking PSAs ever produced. The cute little platelets apparently become child soldiers. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
How could we forget the best characters in the whole show?!

Ditto by parents (as cytotoxic T cells):

More at https://www.facebook.com/nimugg/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Not even a single Osmosis Jones reference? For shame! Razz
alconnow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:59 pm Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
I honestly hope that next year we get an adaptation of the BLACK spinoff manga, which is about the cells inside the body of someone who smokes, drinks excessively, eats too much, etc. It's not even fan-translated yet but from what I've heard it's quite intense compared to the original and perhaps one of the greatest anti-smoking PSAs ever produced. The cute little platelets apparently become child soldiers. Shocked

I also want an adaptation of the BLACK spinoff as I’ve heard that there’s a chapter related to alopecia areata (a condition which I have). It would be interesting to see an anthropomorphised version of alopecia areata in an anime hahahaha
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:53 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Fun show but its getting a bit repetitive

My feelings as well. I've been wondering where the show might go if it abandons the "monster-of-the-week" format. Will there be a final boss? Cancer? And will cancer by voiced by Noto Mamiko using her nice but menacing "Minnie C." voice from Alice to Zoroku?
Jinbei

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:23 am Reply with quote
^ I'd bet that if there's gonna be a story like that and it's gonna be Mamiko-san, the cancer should have the cold and calculous voice of Hagoromo Gitsune or the low and bossy voice of Scathach from FGO...
Merida

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:37 am Reply with quote
Never before has there been a an anime where ample amounts of blood and gore were more justified! Laughing This show has quickly turned into one of my favourites this season, it's equal times educational and entertaining.
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:00 am Reply with quote
For all you that are in my age range, which is if you're from the 80s...maybe older than myself, there was a book called "I Am Joe's Body" that different parts of the body gave their biography of sorts...this anime sort of reminds me of it.
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:03 am Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:

Seriously, I loved that movie. Though the series was a little embarrassing.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:02 am Reply with quote
An anime version of Magic School Bus that's also like a fantasy fighting against evil monsters anime? Now this I gotta see... Smile
teferi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:47 am Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:

It's hilarious but I'm not so sure about an anime ever happening lol.
gridsleep

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:

The very first thing I thought of when I saw this article.
gridsleep

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:02 pm Reply with quote
FireballDragon wrote:
Top Gun wrote:

Seriously, I loved that movie. Though the series was a little embarrassing.

I don't think the series had Chris Rock. That's what the world needs. A Chris Rock / Jackie Chan anime, with Chris Rock and Jackie Chan, not seiyuu.
Cab329

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:49 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
meiam wrote:
Fun show but its getting a bit repetitive

My feelings as well. I've been wondering where the show might go if it abandons the "monster-of-the-week" format. Will there be a final boss? Cancer? And will cancer by voiced by Noto Mamiko using her nice but menacing "Minnie C." voice from Alice to Zoroku?

Cancer is one of the bigger opponents in the manga so they'll probably end the series with him/them.

I've only perused a few chapters but I know one formula break involves explaining the benefits of good bacteria and NK cell (the feminine T-cell) having to guide a lactic bacteria back
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1