• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight Anime Posts 2nd Video, Opening Song Artist

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theilikepie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:05 pm Reply with quote
You know before when they announced they were gonna make a Jeanne d arc anime I thought it was gonna be a historical anime. Not harem trash. Good to see Japan never disappoints
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:35 pm Reply with quote
theilikepie wrote:
You know before when they announced they were gonna make a Jeanne d arc anime I thought it was gonna be a historical anime. Not harem trash. Good to see Japan never disappoints

Just a friendly reminder that just because one doesn’t particularly enjoy a certain genre, that doesn’t automatically mean shows within it are trash. This show isn’t even out yet anyway, so how about saving the complain train until at least after it gets released.
methedemon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Joshua Zarate wrote:
theilikepie wrote:

Just a friendly reminder that just because one doesn’t particularly enjoy a certain genre, that doesn’t automatically mean shows within it are trash. This show isn’t even out yet anyway, so how about saving the complain train until at least after it gets released.

lol...did you see the video? it's the definition of a trash anime. Boobs, boobs and some disgusting kiss. yeah pass.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Agreed.
It's the more disgusting kind of the already disgusting type of anime, and it just makes it worth that they somehow thought it's a good idea or so unique and quirky to use Jeanne D'Arc's name.
DatRandomDude

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Wasnt really planning to watch this to begin with but that PV solidified the fact that its a big fat NOPE. for me.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:56 pm Reply with quote
methedemon wrote:
lol...did you see the video? it's the definition of a trash anime. Boobs, boobs and some disgusting kiss. yeah pass.

I did see the video. I still don’t see how my response was humorous when all I tried to get across was that calling something trash before it even premieres was not giving it a fair chance. Besides, trash implies that it has no value to anyone and I’m not a fan of calling something that is not for me trash before even watching it when there exists audiences for these things. I was ultimately disagreeing, but I guess such an act was not welcome on this thread, so I’m leaving it at this before things escalate unnecessarily.
Mm-17

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:20 am Reply with quote
I thought it was some historical trash but now I'm interested
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:12 am Reply with quote
I've heard some discussions about the LN. It's pretty typical LN fare if you enjoy things like this. The fantastical historical setting and the MC's relationship with the heroine is what kinda makes it different.

I don't think it's recommended for viewers who aren't interested in the genre though.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:07 am Reply with quote
Joshua Zarate wrote:

I did see the video. I still don’t see how my response was humorous when all I tried to get across was that calling something trash before it even premieres was not giving it a fair chance. Besides, trash implies that it has no value to anyone and I’m not a fan of calling something that is not for me trash before even watching it when there exists audiences for these things. I was ultimately disagreeing, but I guess such an act was not welcome on this thread, so I’m leaving it at this before things escalate unnecessarily.
This is ANN, what you expect. Trashing anime that are for certain audiences (usually harem, fan-service
and power fantasy LN adaptations) are like the national sport were. But is great that Japanese audiences and producers don't agree with them and keep making many more of this animes.

That said, the video looks pretty good. I think it will be a great anime. I'm really looking for this one.
Echii

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:17 am Reply with quote
I will watch this for story, action, and hot girls

Seems that some people suffer from boob-phobia. For me, boobs just enhance the show and make it more enjoyable.
SkerllyFC07

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:13 am Reply with quote
methedemon wrote:
Joshua Zarate wrote:
theilikepie wrote:

Then you tell me that anime made for overseas audiences or that has Western influences is a bad idea. I´d rather have westernized anime than stuff like this popping in droves every season
MetalGarurumon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:36 am Reply with quote
The comments here makes me realize again how cancerous is the western anime fandom.
SkyLETV34

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:44 am Reply with quote
Why do people have to throw shit at everything that's not of their interest?
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:57 am Reply with quote
SkerllyFC07 wrote:

Then you tell me that anime made for overseas audiences or that has Western influences is a bad idea. I´d rather have westernized anime than stuff like this popping in droves every season

You just have to ask Netflix to pay for more westernized anime. They have connections with good Japanese studios. If they pay for it, I'm sure more westernized anime will be made because some Japanese anime producers like Takayuki Nagatani would love to make a few more.

The Chinese do the same when they want anime for Chinese audiences.
As long as they pay, more will be made.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:01 pm Reply with quote
An ecchi harem show featuring Jeanne d'Arc could be entertaining though what I found most interesting was that the protagonist has a tsundere fairy living in his oversized hat. This is certainly going to be a show for ecchi fans but it looks like it has a sense of humor as well.

SkerllyFC07 wrote:
I´d rather have westernized anime than stuff like this popping in droves every season
There are on average about 3 ecchi shows per season which is about 10% of the anime shows that get released. Considering that about 90% of anime shows aren't ecchi there are plenty of other options. Also that doesn't even include the many western animation shows that are made which are almost always family friendly.

Last edited by Chrono1000 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2