• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle, Action Heroine Cheer Fruits, Frame Arms Girl An

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaos Wings

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:33 am Reply with quote
As someone who never watches streaming shows English dubbed, HIDIVE may fast become an obsolete subscription for me. I mean if all their sub content (new and old) is going to be available on Crunchyroll what would be the point. Sad
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:35 am Reply with quote
Chaos Wings wrote:
As someone who never watches streaming shows English dubbed, HIDIVE may fast become an obsolete subscription for me. I mean if all their sub content (new and old) is going to be available on Crunchyroll what would be the point. Sad

Well Sentai still gets money from Crunchyroll so it works out either way. But I don't think everything will be available on CR, just some from Sentai's catalog. Just look at Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle, it's not available in the US. Also, for the titles CR already simulcasted, you won't be able to watch the home video version, so that's one difference from HIDIVE. When Sentai releases their blurays, they also post them to HIDIVE
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:44 am Reply with quote
sweet, I always wanted to check out cheer fruits.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:24 am Reply with quote
now i guess people can say "it begins"

though, no us is not a nice way to start off.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:25 am Reply with quote
Cheer Fruits is such a good show!
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:25 am Reply with quote
Has none released a list of what all is officially leaving both companies (funimation and crunchyroll) yet? Obviously we all have some general ideas but has any type of list been made official yet? Funimation and crunchyroll both said we would be given plenty of time.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:57 am Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
Has none released a list of what all is officially leaving both companies (funimation and crunchyroll) yet? Obviously we all have some general ideas but has any type of list been made official yet? Funimation and crunchyroll both said we would be given plenty of time.

It's been very silent. Nov 9 has not been "plenty of time" since the announcement, so I've been binging stuff on my queue before then.... just in case.
paulchaested

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/publisher/Funimation

Just expect 100% of all titles on this page to be gone.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Man they’re still going through this divorce and Crunchy is already getting in bed with other people.

Hope this doesn’t mean all CR titles are gonna get Sentai dubs from now on. Funi dubs aren’t perfect but at least there was some guaranteed level of quality with every CR title given a dub. Dub wise Sentai is a lot weaker overall and their output is much less reliable.

Anywho, I really wanted to finish Cheer Fruits and I kinda like Crunchyroll’s apps way better sooo yeah this is good for me. I remember it being a pretty fun Love Live imitator. Only real thing of note was how casually they threw in pantyshots in comparison to LL’s wacky all protecting skirts, but it was enjoyable regardless from my memory.
Heishi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Wait, so they're actually going to add Sentai shows to CR, again?
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm, Sentai shows didn't go to Crunchyroll when Funimation was around, now Funimation is out of the picture with CR so Sentai is now starting to go back to CR. Yup just as I suspected, Sentai still is pissed about that lawsuit a while back.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:17 pm Reply with quote
paulchaested wrote:
Lord Vaultman wrote:

Sure most logical fans would know those shows are leaving crunchyroll but what about funimations dubbed shows. I would think shows like berserk and re zero ,Etc. That were done by companies outside of funimation are gone but what dubs officially are leaving funimation, etc.
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:48 pm Reply with quote
paulchaested wrote:

I dunno about that - some of those titles were on Crunchy *before* the partnership. Not knowing the licensing deals in place, it's a huge jump to assume all will be gone automagically.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:42 pm Reply with quote
DerekL1963 wrote:
paulchaested wrote:

I dunno about that - some of those titles were on Crunchy *before* the partnership. Not knowing the licensing deals in place, it's a huge jump to assume all will be gone automagically.

Yeah, and didn't they say the shows that had streamed on Crunchy since the partnership would still be on there?
Melicans

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
paulchaested wrote:
Lord Vaultman wrote:

Sure most logical fans would know those shows are leaving crunchyroll but what about funimations dubbed shows. I would think shows like berserk and re zero ,Etc. That were done by companies outside of funimation are gone but what dubs officially are leaving funimation, etc.

I'm curious about Re:Zero in particular since that release is only half-finished. What happens to part 2, and other shows that were part of the agreement but not released, now that the partnership is over?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2