• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of Fall 2018, Nov 26-Dec 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RenRen94

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Lots of shows scored within the 3.5-4 range that week for some odd reason, even shows that had really good episodes, so I'm not sure how accurately these results represent viewer opinion. Seems like someone was trying to fudge the numbers...
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:35 pm Reply with quote
While there are a number of shows whose community rating look suspiciously low (or high in Re's case), these rankings will be more accurate, as they have taken measures to address such attempts at polluting the ratings with bad votes - at least as pertains to these rankings - after an earlier one that screwed with the rankings.
Dayblack

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:30 pm Reply with quote
RenRen94 wrote:
Lots of shows scored within the 3.5-4 range that week for some odd reason, even shows that had really good episodes, so I'm not sure how accurately these results represent viewer opinion. Seems like someone was trying to fudge the numbers...

It is not someone, they are several people. Since 2 users told their method of cheating.
zrnzle500 wrote:

While there are a number of shows whose community rating look suspiciously low (or high in Re's case), these rankings will be more accurate, as they have taken measures to address such attempts at polluting the ratings with bad votes - at least as pertains to these rankings - after an earlier one that screwed with the rankings.

RE also suffered for that guys yesterday when I got back from work. RE had 4.6 of note, but when I left this morning to work RE had a 2.0 note. This graph has never represented the notes, only he is the ranking of the taste of ANN.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:34 am Reply with quote
Whoa, people liked episode 9 of Index III this much? I didn't see that much positive commentary for it around, either here or elsewhere. To me, it was a good episode but not unlike the others (and the episode I liked the most so far was 6 which is the most people hated so)
VerQuality

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:26 pm Reply with quote
And the best anime this season... is a Taiwanese puppet show!
Jokes aside, TBF is terrific, and it's great seeing that so many people are enjoying it. Gridman, too, has been one of trigger's best efforts yet, and the rest of the top few shows very much deserve their place as well. It's been a really good season so far.
gaptoothsailor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:17 pm Reply with quote
What in the world happened to Karakuri Circus? I've been waiting so I could binge it because I liked the first episode...
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Karakuri Circus has been up-and-down as a series in my book. I'm enjoying it more again, but it doesn't reach the top for me this season alongside Golden Kamuy and GeGeGe no Kitarou (2018).

If you're waiting, you've still got a long way to go. Only nine of the planned thirty-six episodes have aired.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1