• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Level-5's Megaton Musashi Project Previewed in Animated Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:07 am Reply with quote
The mecha design looks cool but I feel like this is something that I would enjoy a lot more if it was 2D.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:51 am Reply with quote
"The story takes place after 90 percent of humanity wiped out due to an invasion. Survivors live in a shelter..."

Either that's a mega-scale shelter that would dwarf any known construction project, or only a small portion of the populace actually lives there. Even 10% of humanity would be around 740 million people (based on the current world population). I wonder if this is mistranslated, as it could be fixed by simply stating "...in shelters" instead.

The "... and memories of the invasion erased" reminds me of another anime (name withheld to avoid spoilers), although in that case it wasn't intentional, simply a side effect of how humanity was sheltered.
chao8971

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:02 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
The mecha design looks cool but I feel like this is something that I would enjoy a lot more if it was 2D.

I'm guessing the anime itself is 2D since the drawings of the character designs are 2D. I think the 3D video is more a promo for the project as a whole including the game.

While I like the idea of the cross media project I don't get how they will do the different views from different characters idea. If these characters pilot the headline mech, won't they be the main focus of every aspect? It's something I'll have to wait and see, but it seems like it won't be that different.
Feli1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:16 pm Reply with quote
ohh yeah I forgot this shiet was a thing
Feli1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:19 pm Reply with quote
chao8971 wrote:
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

I'm guessing the anime itself is 2D since the drawings of the character designs are 2D. I think the 3D video is more a promo for the project as a whole including the game.

While I like the idea of the cross media project I don't get how they will do the different views from different characters idea. If these characters pilot the headline mech, won't they be the main focus of every aspect? It's something I'll have to wait and see, but it seems like it won't be that different.

yeah just the characters I highly doubt it’s gonna be full 2D since that tends to cost more compared to 3D not to mention level-5 isn’t known for their high budget 2D animations
Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

I agree, the animation more a video game like Megaman than actual anime. Nowadays though anime more over glorified advertisement on television than work of art.

I'm still greatful for giant robot show getting made.

The premise of the series seems to be more like a Big O sort thing, but no cloak and dagger stuff.

High school thing is....something i wish they didn't need to have in the story. -_-
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1