• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Triage X Manga Artist Plans to End Series at 21st Volume

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:39 am Reply with quote
10 years huh. Time flew by. A part of me is hoping that after Triage X he would continue HOTD. He may just be the artist but theres a possibility that he might know what Daisuke wanted for the story if not for his condition and eventual passing. Dreaming and hoping is free of charge after all.
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:58 am Reply with quote
@GhostD, ANN had a story earlier in the day where he addresses that exact fact. Long and short of it is, no, he won't. For all intents and purposes, without saying as much, he says that there is no reasonable likelihood for HOTD to continue at any point. Neither he, nor anyone else he knows of, has enough knowledge of what Daisuke wanted for the story, or in his estimation would have the necessary talent to put it into writing.
GhostD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:41 am Reply with quote
DRosencraft wrote:
@GhostD, ANN had a story earlier in the day where he addresses that exact fact. Long and short of it is, no, he won't. For all intents and purposes, without saying as much, he says that there is no reasonable likelihood for HOTD to continue at any point. Neither he, nor anyone else he knows of, has enough knowledge of what Daisuke wanted for the story, or in his estimation would have the necessary talent to put it into writing.

Really? Unless I really did miss it Im confident I've seen pretty much every story and article posted today. Still thats a damn shame.
DenimAndLeather

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:23 am Reply with quote
21 volumes seems about right, read volume 16 and can tell it's heading for the conclusion slowly but surely since this arc has been long, meaty and wrapping up so many loose ends in the series thus far. Will be sad to see it end but got at least another year (2 for English releases) before it ends.
SkyLETV34

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:02 am Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
DRosencraft wrote:

Really? Unless I really did miss it Im confident I've seen pretty much every story and article posted today. Still thats a damn shame.

Really...animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-12-11/highschool-of-the-dead-manga-artist-says-its-not-easy-to-draw-continuation/.140602
SkyLETV34

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:02 am Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
DRosencraft wrote:

Really...animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-12-11/highschool-of-the-dead-manga-artist-says-its-not-easy-to-draw-continuation/.140602
GhostD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:37 am Reply with quote
SkyLETV34 wrote:
GhostD wrote:
DRosencraft wrote:

Ah well my vision is clearly not what it used to be. And the article was posted on the 12th but the earliest comments were from the 11th. Okay then
H@mmerTime

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:37 pm Reply with quote
surprise a lot peole care about this ecchi almost hentai manga...oh well
Slashman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:52 pm Reply with quote
So....second season when?
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:54 am Reply with quote
Sad this series ending soon but I guess good things must come to a end.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1