• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Scarlet Game Adds Leifang to Roster

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calsolum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:32 pm Reply with quote
... i could have sworn I read an article about how Dead or Alive wanted to focus on their fighting gameplay over their fanservice elements.
Not that I have anything against fanservice games but like I’m getting mixed messages here, if this scene was showed at the end of say a gameplay trailer showing her fighting moves or something substantially longer than this shower scene I’d say that’s fair but… it's not what happened.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
... i could have sworn I read an article about how Dead or Alive wanted to focus on their fighting gameplay over their fanservice elements.

That may have very well been referring to DOA6.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
Not that I have anything against fanservice games but like I’m getting mixed messages here, if this scene was showed at the end of say a gameplay trailer showing her fighting moves or something substantially longer than this shower scene I’d say that’s fair but… it's not what happened.

That's for DOA 6, the mainline game of the series (fanservice is still present, though), Xtreme spin-offs always were about fanservice.
vision33r

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Graphics looks so outdated compared to even mobile games. This is nothing more than a resolution bump and new artwork and no major overhaul to the engine.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:31 pm Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
Calsolum wrote:

That's for DOA 6, the mainline game of the series (fanservice is still present, though), Xtreme spin-offs always were about fanservice.

Yeah, if the ESRB rating is anything to go by, not much has changed since it got an M-rating with reasons including revealing outfits and bouncing boobs. The previews I've seen of what comes with the digital deluxe version pretty much confirms what I expected; that it might start of with more "serious" outfits, but then there will be plenty of more revealing DLC outfits.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:05 am Reply with quote
@KutovoiAnton

ah
well then Team Ninja, carry on.
Its funny that they now have a separate game series built solely for fanservice.
Now if only they'd do that with fate... oh wait its called FGO. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1