• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Evgenia Medvedeva is Homura in New Magia Record Game's Ad

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gpanthony

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:56 am Reply with quote
So is WOKE AF Homura coming to the game now?
mangaka-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:00 am Reply with quote
I still remember the fan reactions after the Olympics (so many people felt Alina robbed Evgenia of the gold she deserved). I think the two girls actually have a pretty friendly relationship with each other in real life, but given the relationship between Homura and Madoka I can't help but see an added layer of meta (in some way or form) added on to their history with each other.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:35 pm Reply with quote
mangaka-chan wrote:
I still remember the fan reactions after the Olympics (so many people felt Alina robbed Evgenia of the gold she deserved). I think the two girls actually have a pretty friendly relationship with each other in real life, but given the relationship between Homura and Madoka I can't help but see an added layer of meta (in some way or form) added on to their history with each other.

They are really good friends in real life, which makes their photoset like Homura and Madoka in the context of the show's reputation a little funny, you know. I’m even afraid to imagine what it would look like if they were the heroes of a sports anime about figure skating.

But if not joking, Alina is indeed a stronger athlete, therefore, the media liked to push them against each other portraying it as a sports drama and enjoying the failures of Eugenia every time. The media needs big drama, regardless of the actual situation and relationship between people.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1