• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Boogiepop and Others Anime Gets 2-Hour Special for 6th Novel's Story

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:03 am Reply with quote
I wonder if this is why they're only doing 18 episodes if they're adapting some episodes at a longer length than the usual half hour.
alconnow_

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:14 am Reply with quote
Oh nice. I’m looking forward to it!
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:20 am Reply with quote
Boogiepop Overdrive's subtitle is The King of Distortion, not The Piper.
juusee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:58 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I wonder if this is why they're only doing 18 episodes if they're adapting some episodes at a longer length than the usual half hour.

The 2 hour special is just the 10-13th episodes airing back to back, so the episodes are still the standard 24mins~.

I remember an article from just before Boogiepop started airing, reporting that the anime was premiering with a 1hour special. Turns out it was just episode two airing right after episode one.

Now that I think about it, Madhouse is planning to finish all 18 episodes in one season. If you count the extra episodes airing on top of the usual 1 episode, there's 5 of them. The show premiered pretty early, so it could be in a 13 episode slot. Instead of acquiring a 2nd season, Madhouse decided to fit everything into one season. Guess this is why the production quality doesn't really match up to Madhouse's standards, production is pretty hectic to get new episodes out within the same timeframe
valoon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:20 pm Reply with quote
So basically we get something along this line:

Volume 1: Episodes 1-3
Volume 2&3: 4-9
Volume 4: 17-18?
Volume 5: 14-16?
Volume 6: Episodes 10-13

So we might have hope of an adaption of all 6 english released volumes, which of course is a shame that no more volumes were released so far.
population_tire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:03 pm Reply with quote
The anime is so disappointing in terms of this being what we get after 20 years. That said it prompted Seven Seas to translate 2 more books and hopefully brings more attention to the series so I'm glad it exists. It could just exist in a much better form.

Digibro is doing an episode by episode comparison to the light novels on YouTube if anyone wants to know the differences.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1