• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vic Mignogna Replaced in Morose Mononokean English Dub Cast (Update)

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aresef

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:33 pm Reply with quote
The latest in a DSW's worth of shoes
macattack

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:47 pm Reply with quote
We get it you killed his career and are proud of it sheesh. Stop tap-dancing on his career's grave we don't need a new article every time he loses a role, which is going to be a lot before this is over.

Not defending Vic but seriously you guys aren't even trying to hide the glee at this point. Try to punch up not down if you must take swings at all.
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:50 pm Reply with quote

Last edited by MarthKoopa on Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caloris

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:56 pm Reply with quote
MarthKoopa wrote:
Kinda feel bad for the guy. Nobody calls him out for 15 years, letting him believe he's doing nothing wrong, then all of a sudden just kick him off a cliff while acting all righteous about it... even though they all let it go on for those 15 years
People have been calling him out. That's why people are always surprised that everyone didn't already know about it whenever the topic comes up again.
This is just the first time that a enough people have actually listened.
anton.barbieri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:01 pm Reply with quote
MarthKoopa wrote:
Kinda feel bad for the guy. Nobody calls him out for 15 years, letting him believe he's doing nothing wrong, then all of a sudden just kick him off a cliff while acting all righteous about it... even though they all let it go on for those 15 years

How could anyone feel bad for him based on what he's done? And besides, if he were a decent human with enough control over their own actions then he would have stopped doing this the instance he even though about doing it for the first time? There's this thing called self-control. Vic (the dick) could have used it to stop his assaults but nope, he just thought he could get away with it for as long as he was put on a pedal-stool.

Now the pedal-stool has been pulled out from beneath his feet because enough people have joined together to shine the light on his mistreatment of others.

He deserves losing everything. Hope he never gets another chance in the dubbing industry,

Last edited by anton.barbieri on Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Romuska
Subscriber

MarthKoopa wrote:

It doesn't matter how long it's been. He's way too old for someone to have to explain the difference between showing affection and copping a feel.
Zexal-Eternal

I can't recognize english voice but while watching the lastest episode, my brother say that the voice was Ian Sinclair instead of Vic so thanks for the confirmation. I heard what happen with him but do that mean he will be replaced on others animes too? To be honest, I really like Vic has Rohan for JoJo.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:12 pm Reply with quote
oh no please dont replace Rin Matsuouka Sad
xchampion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:17 pm Reply with quote
They are just going to quietly remove him from these roles. If it's a siimuldub then it's easier to find a replacement. As for his other roles I doubt they will be making any announcements. Broly won't come back around for awhile. They definitely wont rerecord for lines with someone else. Neither will Free from my understanding. I don't know when Sabo comes back for One Piece. Jojo is so far along they wont spend the dime to redo his lines for Rohan. They don't really have to make any statements about those bigger roles yet. If they ever do.
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Welp time for the jarring changes when the third season of Bungou comes out next season.

My friend says everytime she met him at a convention he was really sweet and nice. Well if he really did those things then good riddance to him you finally got caught in the headlights time to pay the consequences for your actions.

Mod Edit - removed an unnecessary comment that referenced a now deleted post.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:47 pm Reply with quote
macattack wrote:
We get it you killed his career and are proud of it sheesh. Stop tap-dancing on his career's grave we don't need a new article every time he loses a role, which is going to be a lot before this is over.

How dare they post news.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Finny-chan wrote:
Welp time for the jarring changes when the third season of Bungou comes out next season.

My friend says everytime she met him at a convention he was really sweet and nice. Well if he really did those things then good riddance to him you finally got caught in the headlights time to pay the consequences for your actions.

Edit: ^ I'm neutral on this cause I never seen him in person and my friend who see him at cons always had nice things to say about him. So I guess I'm a nazi too. Laughing

I don't think neutral means what you think it means?
Top Gun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:55 pm Reply with quote
The anime community's reaction to this shows loud and clear why #metoo needed to happen. Stay classy, people.
MHAFMAB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:00 pm Reply with quote
So does anyone one know what he did as far as gropping, I keep seeing that in every article but it seems that everything is all vague. It seems the was a dick to cast members and now that this is happening, most of the Voice actors are taking advantage and putting him even more down.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Ian Sinclair replacing Vic Mignogna? Never thought I’d hear that; they’re voices are so different. That being said, the season hasn’t even premiered in its dub format yet, so it’s really no big deal (except for Vic of course).

xchampion wrote:
They are just going to quietly remove him from these roles. If it's a siimuldub then it's easier to find a replacement. As for his other roles I doubt they will be making any announcements. Broly won't come back around for awhile. They definitely wont rerecord for lines with someone else. Neither will Free from my understanding. I don't know when Sabo comes back for One Piece. Jojo is so far along they wont spend the dime to redo his lines for Rohan. They don't really have to make any statements about those bigger roles yet. If they ever do.

Sabo won’t be back for a long while; not only is he over 100 episodes away, but they haven’t put up release dates for the series in over half a year. Since he was just in the Gold movie though, I feel they could recast him and nobody would mind.

There’s literally no way they would redo the lines unless it was previously the intent to do so (like Noragami Aragato) or because there was such a big controversy over one petty thing (Prison School), so you don’t have to worry about that. Recastings are the only thing that need considering. They’ll probably do that in most cases, like Rohan, Sabo, and Broly (should Broly ever come back), but because dubbing is expensive they won’t do that mid-season. I haven’t been keeping up with Free, so I’m not sure where the dub is on that. As of now that seems to be the only one to really worry about, unless I’m mistaken.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7