• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: U.S. Fruits Basket Screenings Slated for March 26-27, More Dub Cast Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChemicalCris

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Aw man, i was really crossing my fingers hoping for those two's original English V.A.s .
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised. It has been almost 20 years, so the original voice actresses probably moved on to different things. A lot can change in less than 20 years. But Maxwell and Saxton are great actresses in their own right, so I'm sure they'll do a great job.
Antipathy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Not sure where you got your info, but the Funimation twitter account clearly states they are not on sale yet. "Ticket sales are still being finalized, but we'll give you another update before they *officially* go on sale!"

https://twitter.com/fruitsbasket_en/status/1099085460574482432

Here is the link to prove it.
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Antipathy wrote:
Not sure where you got your info, but the Funimation twitter account clearly states they are not on sale yet. "Ticket sales are still being finalized, but we'll give you another update before they *officially* go on sale!"

https://twitter.com/fruitsbasket_en/status/1099085460574482432

Here is the link to prove it.

I guess, but I already bought my ticket for Wednesday like an hour ago.0
Raebo101

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Elizabeth Maxwell is a great choice to play Arisa Uotani. Parisa Fakhri did a good job, but I'm sure Maxwell will do an even better job. I'm less thrilled about Jad Saxton as Saki Hanajima. I'm watching the original series in preparation for the remake and Daphne Gere's performance has been one of my favorites. I'm sure Jad Saxton will do fine, and I like her as an actress, but there's just something... ethereal about Daphne's voice that I'm not sure Jad can replicate. I feel like casting someone newer (like say Meg McClain, who played Rachel in Angels of Death) might've been better for Saki, but I guess we'll see!
Yu Ominae

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
Elizabeth Maxwell is a great choice to play Arisa Uotani. Parisa Fakhri did a good job, but I'm sure Maxwell will do an even better job. I'm less thrilled about Jad Saxton as Saki Hanajima. I'm watching the original series in preparation for the remake and Daphne Gere's performance has been one of my favorites. I'm sure Jad Saxton will do fine, and I like her as an actress, but there's just something... ethereal about Daphne's voice that I'm not sure Jad can replicate. I feel like casting someone newer (like say Meg McClain, who played Rachel in Angels of Death) might've been better for Saki, but I guess we'll see!

Just to give a heads up on Parisa, she’s making a career in live-action stuff similar to Kim Matula.

She’s in SEAL Team and almost made it to Agents of SHIELD as Chloe.
Freyanne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Aww, I was hoping that the dates wouldn't be in the middle of the week. Due to my work schedule, I have no chance of being able to see it. Hopefully they'll add some dates for the weekend, but I'm not banking on it.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Freyanne wrote:
Aww, I was hoping that the dates wouldn't be in the middle of the week. Due to my work schedule, I have no chance of being able to see it. Hopefully they'll add some dates for the weekend, but I'm not banking on it.

I'm just glad it's not on thursday like it was for NGNL movie cause I plan on seeing both versions.
marshmallowpie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:54 am Reply with quote
Saying it probably doesn't help (not here anyway), but what about Canada?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1