• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection Revealed for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Yay, another collection for Digital Eclipse to screw up.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:15 pm Reply with quote
What? Digital Eclipse has been doing great work in the past few years, especially since Frank Cifaldi joined up. Any problems I have with their previous Street Fighter & SNK collections have been rather minor, so I'm excited about them doing a SamSho collection.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:18 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Yay, another collection for Digital Eclipse to screw up.

Except they didn't screw up the SNK 40th Aniv. collection, that's for sure, I got it and it works fine.
Megax36

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:22 pm Reply with quote
I couldn't help but noticed that they stated 6 games rather than 7. So I'm going to guess that the sixth game is Samurai Shodown V Special and not Samurai Shodown VI, since the later was released on the Atomiswave hardware.

This would have been the perfect 2D SS collection if it included all the old 2D games. I guess I'll have to hold on to my PS2 SS collection if that's the case.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Megax36 wrote:
I couldn't help but noticed that they stated 6 games rather than 7. So I'm going to guess that the sixth game is Samurai Shodown V Special and not Samurai Shodown VI, since the later was released on the Atomiswave hardware.

This would have been the perfect 2D SS collection if it included all the old 2D games. I guess I'll have to hold on to my PS2 SS collection if that's the case.

More than likely, it will be the case considering what you said is all but true, would be nice to include SS VI, but since its Atomiswave and not Neo-Geo, the only way to play that is either the standalone game via import, on the SS: Anthology, or the PS2-to-PS4 version over the PS Store.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1