• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: WIT Studio Counts Down to Final Attack on Titan Episode With Daily Illustrations By Animat

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BinBouGami1234

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Are they implying we aren't getting a fourth season? Cause there's still plenty of material to adapt and that would be really disappointing.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:49 pm Reply with quote
There have been rumors for the past month that Wit was no longer going to animate Attack on Titan and another studio might pick it up but I don't know if it was ever officially confirmed.
SheRrIs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:10 pm Reply with quote
It would be a shame if Wit dropped it. I don't think they'll stop producing more animated content though. At least on Crunchyroll each season does great (judging by popularity) and they release new merch all the time...
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:31 pm Reply with quote
BinBouGami1234 wrote:
Are they implying we aren't getting a fourth season? Cause there's still plenty of material to adapt and that would be really disappointing.

That's literally what I was gonna say, that choice of wording makes my heart sink.
brammerhammer23

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Wit Studio just has a way of making the AOT animation POP and I have a hard time believing another Studio could do as well. IF another studio picks it up we could have another One Punch Man Season 2 on our hands.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:09 pm Reply with quote
The logical choice to me would be to have Production IG take over for the rest of the series if the rumors are true.
ICO44

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Would be so crazy if BONES pick this up for 4th season?
tintor2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
The logical choice to me would be to have Production IG take over for the rest of the series if the rumors are true.

Are those studios related?
Blazaking

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:12 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

Are those studios related?

Production IG owns WIT.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:26 pm Reply with quote
ICO44 wrote:
Bones already has their own on going popular franchises like My Hero Academia and Bungo Stray Dogs. I wouldn't want them to be overworked picking up a third one.
ICO44

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
ICO44 wrote:
Bones already has their own on going popular franchises like My Hero Academia and Bungo Stray Dogs. I wouldn't want them to be overworked picking up a third one.

Thats fair.
LightningCount

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:09 pm Reply with quote
If they are leaving the production, does it have anything to do with Iron Fortress Kabaneri? I remember that delayed AoT Season 2, and they just continued that franchise with a movie. I believe I heard there will be another season eventually, too.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I do agree that it gives off the impression that we might not get more, but my hunch is that WIT is doing this because they at least know that a different studio will do the next season. It's not exactly unheard of to switch studios, even if the current one is doing good work, because they aren't available. Conceivably, WIT has other projects in the works, and the production committee didn't want a repeat of the gap between season 1 and 2. They already shortened season 2 and split season 3 into two parts to avoid that, so I could see it being a simple case of schedules not working.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:58 pm Reply with quote
brammerhammer23 wrote:
Wit Studio just has a way of making the AOT animation POP and I have a hard time believing another Studio could do as well. IF another studio picks it up we could have another One Punch Man Season 2 on our hands.

Completely agree. They team really hit a homerun on how to make Attack on Titan's animation have a specific pop to it that fit it perfectly. And they nailed the hell out of the awe of the ODM gear sequences in ways that I can't easily see new leads, let alone three seasons in with this look strongly ingrained in our minds to feel "right", will be able to capture the same.

Hopefully if it does have to move, which would suck, and full Production I.G picks it up they at least give it the talent attention and budget it deserves, since at least I.G has made plenty of good looking shows.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1