• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Evangelion Gets Samurai Armor Figure Designed by Afro Samurai's Takashi Okazaki

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ouran High School Dropout

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Looking at this design, makes me wonder if a monstrously oversized katana could make dispatching Angels any easier (but certainly with more flair!)

...On second thought, that would completely depend on the animation...
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:57 am Reply with quote
Ouran High School Dropout wrote:
Looking at this design, makes me wonder if a monstrously oversized katana could make dispatching Angels any easier (but certainly with more flair!)

That would have been pretty cool, I think. And it wouldn't have been a bad fit either; the Evas certainly had a variety of weapons in the TV series, many of them based on real life "cool" designs. So if the Evas can have a giant Desert Eagle pistol or a Boy's Anti-Tank Rifle, why not a katana?

Anyway, I like the art, it gives off a bit of a Gasaraki vibe too.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Ouran High School Dropout wrote:

...On second thought, that would completely depend on the animation...
That makes me think a katana would have been useful for Asuka and Shinji to use in the Dance Like You Want To Win episode where they had to fight the Angel where they had to slice it in unison.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1