• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Choose Your Daily Streaming Reviews: Summer 2019

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Jake has slept on the job and I am hereby stealing it

From all I'm watching, Dumbbells I think would make the most (maybe the only) interesting reviews - especially if we get a perspective from someone into doing strength training as well, or hell, a newbie trying on the stuff the show recommends! I guess Fire Force with someone who can talk a lot about the production side of things would be neat as well.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Ok, so what show are we making James suffer through this season?
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:19 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Ok, so what show are we making James suffer through this season?

I think we should go all the way. Pick up all the 4 isekai shows that are airing (Okaa-san online, Isekai Cheat Magician, Arifureta and Demon Lord Retry) and have James review 'em all.

hahahahaha
hooliganj

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:08 am Reply with quote
MIX wasn't even on the list. Too niche?
yuna49

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:26 am Reply with quote
Once again, might I request that forum postings like this include a link back to the articles that they are referencing. I don't know if I'm the only person who navigates this site from the forum, and not from the front page, but I doubt I'm alone. It would be so much easier if you included a link than forcing me to now try and find the poll you are referencing.

For anyone else wondering, here it is: animenewsnetwork.com/survey/830/

MIX is one of the few shows I've been following since it began. It obviously isn't excluded because it's a continuation from last season since both Fruits Basket and Kimetsu no Yaiba are listed. MIX is an Adachi adaptation, after all, not some two-bit isekai.

Last edited by yuna49 on Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Neko-sensei

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:33 am Reply with quote
Good point about Fruits Basket and Kimetsu no Yaiba—now I can be rightfully grumpy that GeGeGe no Kitaro isn't on the list. I want it back.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:04 am Reply with quote
hooliganj wrote:
MIX wasn't even on the list. Too niche?

I'm guessing since it didn't get picked up at the start they wouldn't start it from the second half - same would go for any other running show that dropped off/never made it to the reviews.

Quote:
I don't know if I'm the only person who navigates this site from the forum, and not from the front page, but I doubt I'm alone. It would be so much easier if you included a link than forcing me to now try and find the poll you are referencing.

Sorry! I do to, actually - my go-to is the unread forum posts link, and usually from there I'll check the articles and everything else.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:42 pm Reply with quote
I picked A Certain Scientific Accelerator, Astra, BEM, Cop Craft, Demon Slayer, Do You Love Your Mom, Dr. Stone, Fire Force, Fruits Basket, Given, Granbelm, Danmachi season two, Isekai Cheat Magician, Lord El-Melloi II, Symphogear XV, The Demon Girl Next Door, Vinland Saga, and I need to see the rest of Yu-No reviewed just because. I'm also disappointed Mix wasn't included in last season's reviews as I've been really enjoying it and it was one of my favorites from the spring season.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Neko-sensei wrote:
Good point about Fruits Basket and Kimetsu no Yaiba—now I can be rightfully grumpy that GeGeGe no Kitaro isn't on the list. I want it back.

Me, too, but at least Rebecca continues to review chunks of episodes, just not on a weekly basis.

animenewsnetwork.com/review/gegege-no-kitaro/episodes-52-61/.148274

Kitarou has consistently been one of, if not the, least-appreciated shows of the past year. I guess it must be the uninformed view that it is a "kids' show." I have never seen an anime of any kind for any audience audaciously criticize the Japanese educational system the way episode 20 of Kitarou did. I wondered how many Japanese children went to school the next day and asked their teachers about spoiler[Japan's role in World War II].
Key

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:33 pm Reply with quote
I definitely encourage people to take a look at BEM before finalizing their votes. That one is well-worthy of episode reviews based on its first episode.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1