• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Promised Neverland Manga Enters 'Climax' of Final Arc

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:31 am Reply with quote
Good. I'm glad they're not extending it too much and sticking to the plan.

It looks like given they entered the final arc 3 years ago and we're just now entering the climax, I'm guessing we've probably only got a year to maybe year and a half left, since that would give them time to release another 5-8 volumes.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:33 am Reply with quote
Still couldn't believe The Promised Neverland is ending soon. God forbid the ending will end up bad and sad.
skooby00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:22 pm Reply with quote
AutoOps007 wrote:

It looks like given they entered the final arc 3 years ago and we're just now entering the climax, I'm guessing we've probably only got a year to maybe year and a half left, since that would give them time to release another 5-8 volumes.
Entered the final arc 3 years ago? The manga barely started 3 years ago. I'd say it's been about a year since the "Final Arc" started and we maybe have 8-12 months left of it. My prediction is that it ends next year in July with its 20th volume.
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:31 pm Reply with quote
skooby00 wrote:
AutoOps007 wrote:

Entered the final arc 3 years ago? The manga barely started 3 years ago. I'd say it's been about a year since the "Final Arc" started and we maybe have 8-12 months left of it. My prediction is that it ends next year in July with its 20th volume.

My bad. Was reading the article and somehow got the launch date and final arc announcement confused as one. I was thinking that it wasn't that long ago that the series entered it's final arc. I guess with such heavy turnover in WSJ in recent years (with One Piece & Hunter x Hunter pretty much the only ones that had been around a fair while remaining) make it seem that the bigger series like the TPN have been around longer than they actually have.
jdnation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Good good... looking forward to another anime season!
El Hermano

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:36 pm Reply with quote
AutoOps007 wrote:

My bad. Was reading the article and somehow got the launch date and final arc announcement confused as one. I was thinking that it wasn't that long ago that the series entered it's final arc. I guess with such heavy turnover in WSJ in recent years (with One Piece & Hunter x Hunter pretty much the only ones that had been around a fair while remaining) make it seem that the bigger series like the TPN have been around longer than they actually have.

Bleach had a ridiculously long 'final arc' of 4 years so that's not unheard of.

But the days of long running shounen seem to be gone. I don't think we'll ever see a new series last as long as Naruto, One Piece, or Bleach.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm kind of sad the manga is already getting ready to wrap up when the anime just got started. Hopefully the manga ending this soon won't have any negative effect on the anime's popularity if fans end up losing interest in the series after the manga already ends. Hopefully the anime studio won't take too long in adapting the rest of the manga while the interest is still high.
Xiximaro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:48 pm Reply with quote
If by conjecture the manga is ending more or less on 20 volumes by next year, can the anime sequel adapt the whole thing at a good pace with 1 or 2 cours?
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Xiximaro wrote:
If by conjecture the manga is ending more or less on 20 volumes by next year, can the anime sequel adapt the whole thing at a good pace with 1 or 2 cours?

Definitely not. The first season covered about 4 1/2 volumes worth of material, and that was with condensing or changing a few things. A full 2 cours would maybe be the right length to cover up to the start of the final arc, but they would have to cut out or change a LOT to cover something like 150+ chapters in that amount of time.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:57 pm Reply with quote
I enjoy the Anime and like the manga but I hope they adapt the anime slow with care and attention to details till the very end!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1