Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Animation Issues Statement About July 18 Fire


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Zeino



Joined: 19 May 2017
Posts: 728
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:59 am Reply with quote
Forgive if this isn't the place for it, but are we going to have an article about director, Yasuhiro Takemoto and color designer, Naomi Ishida? Their deaths have been confirmed elsewhere and we should honor them. Is the ANN staff waiting for a full list of the deceased to be released or something?

Last edited by Zeino on Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mgosdin



Joined: 17 Jul 2011
Posts: 1279
Location: Kissimmee, Florida, USA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:01 am Reply with quote
Experience tells me that good things rarely happen fast. I hope that Kyoto Animation will be able to take all the time needed and apply the resources that they are being provided so that the maximum good can be achieved.

Mark Gosdin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mgosdin



Joined: 17 Jul 2011
Posts: 1279
Location: Kissimmee, Florida, USA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:05 am Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:
Is the ANN staff waiting for a full list of the deceased to released or something?


Essentially, Yes. ANN has said that they won't publish names until either Kyoto Animation does or the families allow it.

Mark Gosdin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Saffire
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Posts: 1198
Location: Iowa, USA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:07 am Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:
Forgive if this isn't the place for it, but are we going to have an article about director, Yasuhiro Takemoto and color designer, Naomi Ishida? Their deaths have been confirmed elsewhere and we should honor them. Is the ANN staff waiting for a full list of the deceased to released or something?
Naomi Ishida has already been reported on...I don't know what the reasoning is on not reporting on Takemoto.

I kinda can't believe he ended the letter on an Independence Day quote.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Cait



Joined: 29 May 2008
Posts: 501
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:23 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I kinda can't believe he ended the letter on an Independence Day quote.


It's from a Dylan Thomas poem.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
AksaraKishou



Joined: 16 May 2015
Posts: 1107
Location: End of the World
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:40 am Reply with quote
Saffire wrote:
Zeino wrote:
Forgive if this isn't the place for it, but are we going to have an article about director, Yasuhiro Takemoto and color designer, Naomi Ishida? Their deaths have been confirmed elsewhere and we should honor them. Is the ANN staff waiting for a full list of the deceased to released or something?
Naomi Ishida has already been reported on...I don't know what the reasoning is on not reporting on Takemoto.

I kinda can't believe he ended the letter on an Independence Day quote.


After the Ishida one, they released a request asking not to report on the names. And we here are now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Saffire
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Posts: 1198
Location: Iowa, USA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:54 am Reply with quote
Cait wrote:
It's from a Dylan Thomas poem.
...I probably should've known that...
AksaraKishou wrote:
After the Ishida one, they released a request asking not to report on the names. And we here are now.
Yeah but it's not at all clear that KyoAni's wishes trump the family's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
#Synaesthesia



Joined: 30 Jan 2019
Posts: 47
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:36 am Reply with quote
I actually cried when I read that last bit Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jl07045



Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 1463
Location: Riga, Latvia
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:43 am Reply with quote
Cait wrote:
Quote:
I kinda can't believe he ended the letter on an Independence Day quote.


It's from a Dylan Thomas poem.


No
It's from ID4 not the poem
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
angelmcazares
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 4358
Location: Iscandar
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:06 am Reply with quote
I admire the attitude of recovering and looking forward to the future. I wish the best for the survivors and the people who are reconstructing Kyoto Animation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
AkumaChef



Joined: 10 Jan 2019
Posts: 292
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:25 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I admire the attitude of recovering and looking forward to the future. I wish the best for the survivors and the people who are reconstructing Kyoto Animation.


Agreed 100%. I'm very happy to see such a positive attitude in the face of this tragedy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guspaz



Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 21
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:04 am Reply with quote
jl07045 wrote:
Cait wrote:

It's from a Dylan Thomas poem.
No
It's from ID4 not the poem

Dylan Thomas wrote:
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Independence Day (ID4) wrote:
We will not go quietly into the night!
We will not vanish without a fight!

KyoAni wrote:
we will not go quietly into the night...
we will not vanish without a fight!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hiroki not Takuya



Joined: 17 Apr 2012
Posts: 1212
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:12 am Reply with quote
Great to hear that our feelings reached the victims and KyoAni will rebuild, maybe even having government support for the families and tax breaks, etc for donations.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
penguintruth



Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 7883
Location: Penguinopolis
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:33 am Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:
director, Yasuhiro Takemoto


I didn't know that had been confirmed. That is absolutely heartbreaking. I mean, it's all a loss, but such a talent gone, it's just too much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
residentgrigo



Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 1616
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:13 pm Reply with quote
They should consider renaming themselves a bit as they already need a severe restructure. Kyoani for example. My mind always drifts off when I hear Porsche 911 or see one in a game and it will be the same here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group