• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: BBC Reports About Otaku Marrying Anime Characters

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banjo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:21 am Reply with quote
can't wait to see his kids.. Laughing

he is better off believing in heaven and a god who can create a real miku for him there..
yurigasaki

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:32 am Reply with quote
"BBC Reports About--"

ah shit here we go again
OrdepNM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:37 am Reply with quote
BBC wrote:
Beyond that, Miku varies. She may be a childish, cartoon-like creature, or she may be more human, and sexier - with a low neckline and big boobs, schoolgirl blouse and short skirt. Akihiko considers all of these Mikus to be his wife.

I mean, it's true that Miku has been drawn with pretty much any features and attire under the sun due to the sheer amount of art and artists that have drawn her, but "big boobs" has to be one of the features that least define her, in fact she's commonly associated with a smaller chest. But of course thats the one trait they give besides the hair *smh*

That said, I had heard this story when it happened and mostly rolled my eyes and saw it as another thing that society in general would use to ridicule weebs but after reading the (fairly neutral) article, specially this bit:

Quote:
And most importantly he's happy.

...I think that's all that matters in the end, haters be damned. If you talk to the Big Boss in the Sky before bedtime you're pious, but somehow taking solance from your waifu makes you a weirdo. He was hikikomori for 2 years and if Miku songs and videos are what got him out of that rut, more power to him and I hope he continues to live the kind of life he's comfortable living, with or without Miku in his heart.
simona.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:01 am Reply with quote
As I wrote on twitter and FB already, Hatsune Miku is NOT an anime character.
Do your homework, BBC News!!!!!!!!
Crispy45

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:55 am Reply with quote
yurigasaki wrote:
"BBC Reports About--"

ah shit here we go again

Remember when BBC reporters got arrested and "politely asked" to leave the country after causing such a ruckus in Japan for their anti-anime documentary? Good times.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:20 am Reply with quote
BBC is good at a lot of things but covering Japanese culture is not one of them, they need to leave it alone.
Reinheit Hezen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:02 pm Reply with quote
simona.com wrote:
As I wrote on twitter and FB already, Hatsune Miku is NOT an anime character.
Do your homework, BBC News!!!!!!!!

Well, "she" actually is since it was animated for a lot of animes as an easter egg or random 2-seconds character and advertisements, moreover she was animated for her official music videos.
Since "anime" is an abbreviation for "animation", Miku Hatsune IS an anime character, because "anime" is not used exclusively for the Tv series from Japan, but for every 2D thing that moves by computer.
So yep, in the eyes of the otaku comunity it might be, but BBC is not wrong.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Reinheit Hezen wrote:
Well, "she" actually is since it was animated for a lot of animes as an easter egg or random 2-seconds character and advertisements, moreover she was animated for her official music videos.
Since "anime" is an abbreviation for "animation", Miku Hatsune IS an anime character, because "anime" is not used exclusively for the Tv series from Japan, but for every 2D thing that moves by computer.
So yep, in the eyes of the otaku comunity it might be, but BBC is not wrong.

Her cameos appear in a lot of stuff, and actually the lass herself is pretty prominently featured in the children's anime series Transformable Shinkansen Robot Shinkalion...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1