• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: TAGRO Ends Betsushiki Manga, Reveals New 1-Shot for Hen Zemi Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Didn't know Comiket was so old, that they had it in the Edo period. Learn something new every day.

Cover fooled me, I had thought it was some futuristic samurai or ninja thing. Instead it appears to be some sort of slice of life.
shosakukan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Crystalyn Hodgkins wrote:
Rui Sasaki, who is herself searching for a husband, ideally someone weaker than her,

In the scene where Sasaki Rui talks with Doi Katsutoshi in the manga in question, she says, '佐々木家再興は悲願なれど わたしより弱い男に家督を継がせるわけには参りません!"
So, actually, Sasaki Rui thinks that her husband must be stronger than her.

Crystalyn Hodgkins wrote:
Rui Sasaki, who is herself searching for a husband, ideally someone weaker than her, but still handsome. She meets other betsushiki with distinct personalities, listens to stories about married life, attends mixers, goes to Comiket, and experiences farewells.

Kōdansha says:
Quote:
佐々木類(ささきるい)は、今まさに、婿探しの真っただ中にあった!「自分より弱い男に家督を継がせるわけにはいかない」「ただしイケメンに限る!」と理想を高く掲げ、苛烈なる婿探しは続く。個性豊かな別式仲間との出会い、婚活、合コン、コミケに出没、そして別れ。

Amazon Japan says:
Quote:
佐々木類(ささきるい)は、今まさに、婿探しの真っただ中にあった!「自分より弱い男に家督を継がせるわけにはいかない」「ただしイケメンに限る!」と理想を高く掲げ、苛烈なる婿探しは続く。個性豊かな別式仲間との出会い、婚活、合コン、コミケに出没、そして別れ。

Probably you (or Mr Rafael Antonio Pineda, who seems to have written a previous article about this manga) have translated what Kōdansha/Amazon Japan says about this manga and you have used Kōdansha/Amazon Japan's description of the manga as your description of the manga in your article(s), Ms Hodgkins.
But Kōdansha and Amazon Japan, too, say, '自分より弱い男に家督を継がせるわけにはいかない' in the first place.
If you were fluent in Japanese, you could easily understand that Sasaki Rui thinks her husband must be stronger than her.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1