• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami Premieres My Hero Academia Anime's Season 4 on November 9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:04 pm Reply with quote
I figured this was coming. It didn't make sense to keep doing reruns of MHA and Super unless they were planning to pick up season 4, and that needed some time since a production delay would otherwise cause a delay for Toonami. Fireforce has stayed on track on Toonami despite delays in the the simuldub.

The reruns for Super started with the last few episodes, so I figured they weren't planning to run it much longer. I do wish they would have kept going with Boruto instead of swapping reruns of Super with reruns of Attack on Titan.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to see it's back on at an earlier timeslot for the new episodes. For awhile there it seemed like Toonami was giving up on MHA.
ECW28

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I'm glad to see it's back on at an earlier timeslot for the new episodes. For awhile there it seemed like Toonami was giving up on MHA.

I figured they had S4 in mind when they moved it back. It was just easier for them to slot it back there and let it rerun
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:44 pm Reply with quote
ECW28 wrote:
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

I figured they had S4 in mind when they moved it back. It was just easier for them to slot it back there and let it rerun

True. Plus, the episodes they were airing were relatively old compared to other shows where they are either simuldubs that are only a few weeks old, or things recorded shortly after they finished in Japan, like Promised Neverland. Season 4 has a chance to do better since it's newer.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
I figured this was coming. It didn't make sense to keep doing reruns of MHA and Super unless they were planning to pick up season 4, and that needed some time since a production delay would otherwise cause a delay for Toonami. Fireforce has stayed on track on Toonami despite delays in the the simuldub.

Firedorce didn't have a simuldub delay. The show had a 2 week delay (sub and dub) in general between courses. The simuldub continues to happen on funimation day and date with the sub at last check.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
ECW28 wrote:
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

True. Plus, the episodes they were airing were relatively old compared to other shows where they are either simuldubs that are only a few weeks old, or things recorded shortly after they finished in Japan, like Promised Neverland. Season 4 has a chance to do better since it's newer.

Yeah, it'll be closer to the simuldub's premieres this time for season 4 so I think even more people will tune in.

I felt the same too, that S4 was still going to air on Toonami whenever they could get it especially once they confirmed it'd rerun after the last couple of eps finished premiering, even though it was indeed a bit weird that they moved it to the back with just a few eps left. But I always felt like that was just due to "bad" timing with a bunch of new shows coming in one after the other.

Really cool that it'll be leading off the block again.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
Greed1914 wrote:

Firedorce didn't have a simuldub delay. The show had a 2 week delay (sub and dub) in general between courses. The simuldub continues to happen on funimation day and date with the sub at last check.

The show itself was delayed following the KyoAni fire. And the point still stands that Toonami likes to keep airing new episodes each week, and not waiting a little while would have meant waiting for new episodes.

Funimation had to get permission to go forward with its simuldub for MHA at the start of this season because a typhoon delayed the Japanese broadcast and could have been told that they had to wait. Waiting a few weeks to start on Toonami builds up a buffer in case something like that happens.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:33 pm Reply with quote
SO glad that the theory about this replacing Super after Super and MHA S3 finishes their re-runs actually came true. Really, really excited about watching this!
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
Lord Vaultman wrote:
Greed1914 wrote:

The show itself was delayed following the KyoAni fire. And the point still stands that Toonami likes to keep airing new episodes each week, and not waiting a little while would have meant waiting for new episodes.

Funimation had to get permission to go forward with its simuldub for MHA at the start of this season because a typhoon delayed the Japanese broadcast and could have been told that they had to wait. Waiting a few weeks to start on Toonami builds up a buffer in case something like that

But the way you wrote it though it sounded like you were insinuating funimation had delayed just thesimuldub when it was japan who delayed the main show itself. I see now what you meant.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1