• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ascendance of a Bookworm Director: All 26 Episodes Are Ready to Air

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:27 pm Reply with quote
For clarity he obviously means all 12 episodes of season 2 are done, since we already watched the first 14
CrypticPurpose

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Yay!
JadeShineBright

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Beautiful! No delays for the whole season. Ascendance of a Bookworm, Tower Of God, and Love Is War are the 3 best anime airing this season and it doesn't look like they'll be held back by delays. How reassuring.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 11:48 pm Reply with quote
JadeShineBright wrote:
Beautiful! No delays for the whole season. Ascendance of a Bookworm, Tower Of God, and Love Is War are the 3 best anime airing this season and it doesn't look like they'll be held back by delays. How reassuring.

Yesterday no Utatte has also finished its production, apparently.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 12:10 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
JadeShineBright wrote:

But what about Fruits Basket?
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 12:16 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
Ermat_46 wrote:
JadeShineBright wrote:

I’d be surprised if they have finished all 2 cours of Fruit Basket so we’re probably going to get an interruption there Sad On the plus side “My next life as a villainess” is complete which is a fun show.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 12:19 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
Ermat_46 wrote:
JadeShineBright wrote:

Not sure. The ones that we know are due to people in the production tweeting about the status of the show. Frog-kun (Kim Morissy) compiled a list on her Twitter thread:

https://twitter.com/frog_kun/status/1257112471195619329
dragon695

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 1:32 am Reply with quote
I wonder if they had to rush some of these episodes to get them done worried a real lockdown was coming. Like the current episode was not well animated. I am used to limited animation, but this episode particularly stuck out for how many pans, stills, and offscreen action it had.
Kami-koto

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 2:07 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
I wonder if they had to rush some of these episodes to get them done worried a real lockdown was coming. Like the current episode was not well animated. I am used to limited animation, but this episode particularly stuck out for how many pans, stills, and offscreen action it had.

I think it's just pacing issues. They need to finish adapting the 4th light novel volume next episode, so they skipped tons of stuff in this episode and instead just gave a basic summary of what happened, which is always accompanied by pans and stills.
kotomikun

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 2:09 am Reply with quote
Good to hear... though I still can't wrap my head around why "pushed forward" means it's happening sooner, and "pushed back" means it's happening later. Seems totally backwards.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:48 am Reply with quote
kotomikun wrote:
Good to hear... though I still can't wrap my head around why "pushed forward" means it's happening sooner, and "pushed back" means it's happening later. Seems totally backwards.

In this case it means the same thing. "Pushed forward" isn't a term that Americans (and I'm sure others) really use in reference to a calendar, we reserve it for time only, not dates. In this case what they're saying is that the first season was meant to be a continues 26 episodes, but for reasons they broke it into two cours with a gap in between leaving the finished episodes waiting to be aired now.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 8:15 am Reply with quote
Although the dub is still likely to be delayed.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:23 am Reply with quote
^I forgot this had a dub, so I went and streamed the full dubbed S1 and I definitely like the Japanese VA choices and acting better. No loss as far as I'm concerned, just happy there won't be an interruption...
Leviathonlx

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 12:02 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:

The entire anime was done back in December so probably not.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1