• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Yo-kai Watch TV Anime Reveals Title, Cast, Studio, Theme Song Artists

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:16 am Reply with quote
I asked this question in a previous thread, but I'm still curious. How did the previous Yo-kai Watch anime do in Japan ratings wise?
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:14 pm Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:
I asked this question in a previous thread, but I'm still curious. How did the previous Yo-kai Watch anime do in Japan ratings wise?

The ratings are low enough that most (if not every) episodes didn't make it onto Video Research's weekly TV rankings. Of course, it doesn't automatically mean that the show bombed for Level-5. The ratings just aren't as big as the original series (which did make it onto the weekly TV rankings several times back then).
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:37 am Reply with quote
OjaruFan2 wrote:
The ratings are low enough that most (if not every) episodes didn't make it onto Video Research's weekly TV rankings. Of course, it doesn't automatically mean that the show bombed for Level-5. The ratings just aren't as big as the original series (which did make it onto the weekly TV rankings several times back then).

Well, that's a shame. It's a great brand, and for a while it seemed poised to overtake Pokémon in its home country. Those days are over now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1