• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Modders Use New, Old School Techniques in Pokémon Sword & Shield

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XaelOstigian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:47 pm Reply with quote
I guess that Yamper has the "Illusion" ability. Anime hyper
Tripple-A

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Wait people are upset over the exclusion of the national dex? That's like the first good thing I heard in a while about the new gen.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Tripple-A wrote:
Wait people are upset over the exclusion of the national dex? That's like the first good thing I heard in a while about the new gen.

How is that good?
jellybeanbandit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:54 am Reply with quote
Yuvelir wrote:
How is that good?

Because some people are really, really dedicated to avoid saying anything remotely negative about the games so they have to spin everything as actually being good. More options never hurt anyone, but never underestimate the power of blind consumerism has on people.
Tripple-A

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:15 pm Reply with quote
jellybeanbandit wrote:
Yuvelir wrote:
How is that good?

Because some people are really, really dedicated to avoid saying anything remotely negative about the games so they have to spin everything as actually being good. More options never hurt anyone, but never underestimate the power of blind consumerism has on people.

FYI I haven't played a Pokemon game since Diamond except Uranium. I'm arguing for years now that it would be a good idea to make a clean cut and restart the Pokedex. Having a ridiculously huge Pokedex hurts the motivation to catch them all. Now they just have to not add bullshit like gigantamaxing and I would be back in the series.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Tripple-A wrote:
jellybeanbandit wrote:
Yuvelir wrote:
How is that good?

FYI I haven't played a Pokemon game since Diamond except Uranium. I'm arguing for years now that it would be a good idea to make a clean cut and restart the Pokedex. Having a ridiculously huge Pokedex hurts the motivation to catch them all. Now they just have to not add bullshit like gigantamaxing and I would be back in the series.

Since you have played Diamond you shoukd know that every game has its own regiinal, much more manageable, regional pokedex. The one in SS is one of the largest yet.
Then there's the non-mandatory national dex, which was outright gone in the previous games (although you still could have the monsters themselves if you so wanted).
Tripple-A

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:09 am Reply with quote
Yuvelir wrote:
Since you have played Diamond you shoukd know that every game has its own regiinal, much more manageable, regional pokedex. The one in SS is one of the largest yet.
Then there's the non-mandatory national dex, which was outright gone in the previous games (although you still could have the monsters themselves if you so wanted).

Didn't know it was missing altogether in sun/moon, well the game had other problems which is why I didn't play it, same with SS.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1