• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Anime to Catalog

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theNightster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Magi is a great series, glad to see it on Funimation
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Erica Mendez was tweeting earlier today that Magi was her first lead role in an anime dub. I'm excited to watch it.
kariocean2004

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:02 am Reply with quote
Sucks we won't get a season 3 for this but japan really didn't like the Alma torran arc which is one of the reasons I believe season 3 never happened
dragonmastr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Sometimes I forget that this series even exists.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:12 pm Reply with quote
kariocean2004 wrote:
Sucks we won't get a season 3 for this but japan really didn't like the Alma torran arc which is one of the reasons I believe season 3 never happened

It was to be expected since it was Tenjou Tenge all over again, let's forget about the main cast altogether and then go into a l-o-n-g flashback. To boot they also did a time skip and abruptly changed the whole setting. In the end it resulted into a cautionary tale for all mangaka that feel that their series is not original enough, going against everything established is no easy feat.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:32 pm Reply with quote
kariocean2004 wrote:

That’s odd to me considering Alma Torran was a really well done flashback arc. I think it would be better appreciated and paced if it were to get an anime adaption.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I've heard good things about that part and think something like that might go over better and more exciting in anime form.

Excellent. I picked up the pricey blu-rays but it'll be nice to have quick access to this through Funi's streaming.

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Erica Mendez was tweeting earlier today that Magi was her first lead role in an anime dub. I'm excited to watch it.

Really cool.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1