• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: eb-i Xpress: Here Are the Most Anticipated Winter 2020 Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
micah007

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:52 pm Reply with quote
"eb-i Xpress also released the top five most anticipated series based on the poll participants' gender."

I laughed at the anticipation reversal of Railgun depending on gender. I'm a guy and it is also my #1 pick for the upcoming season lol.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:03 pm Reply with quote
yeah, winter kind of sucks in that railgun and madoka are the most anticipated ones.
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:23 pm Reply with quote
I am so looking forward to Railgun. I absolutely love the anime
John Thacker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:49 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
yeah, winter kind of sucks in that railgun and madoka are the most anticipated ones.

Nah, those are fine, as is Haikyuu. It's the Tama and Friends show ranking so high that makes Winter seem like a wasteland.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:06 pm Reply with quote
InSpectre hype! Can't wait
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Magia Record is the one I am most curious to see even though I am skeptical that it will get close to the creativity of the original series. In/Spectre, Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun, and Ishuzoku Reviewers also look like fun shows based on their trailers. I am a little surrpised that Uchi Tama was listed but that Nekopara didn't manage to make the top 20 but after looking at the original article the poll was done on 11/19 which was before Nekopara was announced for the winter season.
JonDoe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:33 pm Reply with quote
I'm honestly far less concerned about this poll and more concerned about how DULL this winter line up is. Guess I can always use this time to catch up on some other shows...
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:40 am Reply with quote
Nice to see Isekai Quartet so high =)
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:16 am Reply with quote
Well for those who say there is nothing exciting this winter it just means you have to look for something deeper, im only watching two new shows this winter and both of them did not even make the top list and there great from there source material just extremely under the radar.

Somali to Mori no Kamisama and Murenase! Seton Gakuen

Just look around more and im sure you will find something to your liking as well.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:46 am Reply with quote
No one cares about Dorohedoro? I'm very surprised about that.
xerox-guy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:00 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
No one cares about Dorohedoro? I'm very surprised about that.

Have you seen the trailer? It was ugly!! In all seriousness, I was really looking forward to watch it but the trailer turned me off.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:35 am Reply with quote
I can’t begin to express how hyped I am for Pet. I haven’t been this pumped for a series in forever. It not only looks like my kind of stuff (a seinen psychological thriller based on a finished, award winning manga is more than enough to have me sold) but it’s also being handled by Murai Sadayuki, who also did Boogiepop Phantom, Perfect Blue and (specially ) Mouryou no hako… I mean, talk about being in good hands
I’m also pretty optimistic about Dorohedoro. I love the gritty style I’ve seen so far in the PVs (well, I kinda wish the alligator guy wasn’t CGI but I guess I can live with that). I just hope the comedy is not too intrusive and it’s handled well and this doesn’t become one of those series with a great setting and premise that’s ruined by constant, obnoxious comedy (looking at you, Drifters…).
Also looking forward to checking out ID Invaded. I loved the Dragon dentist and if I’m not mistaken this series is written by the same guy (although it couldn’t look more different).
Kamijou Touma

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:39 pm Reply with quote
I am glad railgun T is tops with men.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Well the start of the year doesn't exactly instill any hope in me; nothing catches my eye. And I've always had zero interest in Madoka, with the exception of Pretty Cure, Magical Girl Ore and the reboot of Sailor Moon, Madoka's just changed the magical girl genre for the worst in my eyes to where every one of them has to be all "darkerer" and "grittierer" to where it's getting stale as three day old cookies and annoying and losing the charm of the genre. At least Spec-Ops Asuka isn't getting a second season, it doesn't deserve one.

Someone named AquaGaze on theglorioblog.com when they reviewed Magical Girl Site (perfectly calling it Magical Girl Shite) sadly said it best about the genre's possible future in my eyes: "In the end, we have a situation in which everyone loses. Fans who prefer the traditional magical girl and didn’t care for Madoka are now left with their beloved genre being taken over by stuff trying to ape it, and fans of Madoka are left with a bunch of pale imitators that barely hold a candle to the cleverness and creativity of the show they love." Sad
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:14 pm Reply with quote
#13 is actually higher than what I expected for Eizoken. Looking forward to see Yuasa's magic once more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1