• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vinland Saga Anime Posts 'Special Video' Teasing Future Manga Arc

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozzy4k

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:36 am Reply with quote
season 2 please
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:50 am Reply with quote
That single Farmland Saga pic wasn´t in ep 24 itself. Weird. The current ending is more incoherent than Berserk ep. 25. They clearly needed another ep. We finished with Vol 8 Chap 54 btw.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jdnation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:51 am Reply with quote
The manga is ahead far enough where you could get another 12 eps, but that won't reach the really interesting stuff where things really start picking up. Considering the manga is approaching the final arc, probably better to wait and adapt the whole thing.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:57 am Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
We finished with Vol 8 Chap 54 btw.

This has to be one of the longest prologues yet, at least for manga works... Smile

jdnation wrote:
The manga is ahead far enough where you could get another 12 eps, but that won't reach the really interesting stuff where things really start picking up. Considering the manga is approaching the final arc, probably better to wait and adapt the whole thing.

The manga has 23 volumes and counting, so there's more than enough for a new full season. You do remember the English release is in omnibus format?..
Eddy564

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:44 am Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
That single Farmland Saga pic wasn´t in ep 24 itself. Weird. The current ending is more incoherent than Berserk ep. 25. They clearly needed another ep. We finished with Vol 8 Chap 54 btw.

What are you even talking about? The ending is fine and as of now you’re the first person I’ve seen who has had a gripe about it.

The anime decided to make things fairly ambiguous by teasing major key characters in the episode’s ending as opposed to delivering a declarative announcement of the show’s second season. And I appreciated that. It gave many people hope that the show will be back despite how long we’ll likely have to wait.

Last edited by Eddy564 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
levonr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:51 am Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:

How is it incoherent? Seemed pretty straightforward to me.
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:39 am Reply with quote
I hope we get more. Haven't got into the manga yet, but that last episode was fantastic.

Last edited by v1cious on Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:50 am Reply with quote
Levonr wrote:
residentgrigo wrote:

Well, the anime does purposely avoid some conversations regarding what directly happens to Thorfinn afterwards, so I could see that be considered incoherent, but that's just one tiny piece to an otherwise pretty fantastic conclusion to the anime.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:31 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
residentgrigo wrote:
We finished with Vol 8 Chap 54 btw.

This has to be one of the longest prologues yet, at least for manga works... Smile

I remember reading berserk back in the mid 2ks; several volumes in, something something happens because falcons and pregnant people; then the chapter ends with "end of the first half" (yes, this is post eclipse)
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:44 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Levonr wrote:
residentgrigo wrote:

Well, the anime does purposely avoid some conversations regarding what directly happens to Thorfinn afterwards, so I could see that be considered incoherent, but that's just one tiny piece to an otherwise pretty fantastic conclusion to the anime.

Maybe he meant “inconclusive” rather than “incoherent”? Certainly it’s inconclusive as far as Thorfinn’s fate is concerned, but as long as they do get to make a second season I don’t think that’s much of a problem.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:25 am Reply with quote
Hopefully more anime is made because I have doubts it is happening with Amazon having it. How I wish Funimation or Crunchyroll had licensed Vinland Saga because it feels like a hit and an epic story that needs multiple anime seasons.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Berserk 1997/98 was supposed to have a 26th ep. but the budget ran out. The epilogue and the pilot at least made sure to show the viewer that the protagonist moved on to other things.
Just showing a collage of random people instead of giving closure or at least a stinger of Farmland Saga would have solved things and not leave viewers (this is Amazon!) with cofusion if the thing they watched got canned. How many aksed for ep 25 the next week? Having this one go a bit longer in another ep. and adapting the very next chapter where you end with seeing tired farmer Thorfinn emerge from the bushes would solve things and give you an actual "finale". S02 ain´t a given at all here. That said, anime of the year. 9/10

@Blanchimont The 20 vol Zetman is apparently a top to bottom prologue as it never reached the opening pages of vol 1. Yeah, good luck with that series. Also Golden Boy.. kinda but stay FAR away from that 10 vol manga.

Last edited by residentgrigo on Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:59 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ZiharkXVI

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:01 pm Reply with quote
I hope they continue the anime.
RedSwirl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:18 pm Reply with quote
What are people's hopes for a dub?
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:02 am Reply with quote
^
Sentai has licensed and dubbed anime on Amazon, but I have no idea how much Sentai is interested in the show. I will prefer for Funimation to license and dub it though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1