• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Weathering With You Anime Film's Trailer Reveals English Dub Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:14 pm Reply with quote
I absolutely loved it
HuuskerDu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:33 pm Reply with quote
I got the tickets for the Jan 16 dub. (My spouse won't watch subs.) The Fathom Events preview I saw in the theater last month looked awesome. I can't wait.
Gezzas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Seen it subbed last year in my local theater chain. I can't say that I was blown away by movie itself but more by experience of seeing anime move on the big screen on a big screen for the first time.

It was a surprise theatrical run here in Lithuania brought local movie distributor and Japan embassy (Cool Japan?). Hope there will be more of those.

Last edited by Gezzas on Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maid S Runner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Sounds good in English.
~
秘密メイド Himitsu Maid
Maid S Runner
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:37 pm Reply with quote
The dub sounds great in the trailer, very excited.
HuuskerDu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Gezzas wrote:
I can't say that I was blown away by movie it self but more by experience of seeing anime move on the big screen on a big screen for the first time.

My first anime on the big screen was your name and it was stunning, a very different experience from watching at home later on Funimation, even on a 65 inch TV panel. I saw the theatrical version first subbed then dubbed, and it was interesting to me how the subtitles felt a lot more distracting when viewed in theater compared to a panel.

Normally I don't care about subs vs dubs (I'll watch either if it's good), but from that experience I prefer dubs now when watching in a theater.
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:22 pm Reply with quote
HuuskerDu wrote:
Normally I don't care about subs vs dubs (I'll watch either if it's good), but from that experience I prefer dubs now when watching in a theater.

This is really interesting because unless I'm going to a nice theater (like Landmark's E Cinema or an Angelika) I'll often go see the dub because I know I won't have any technical issues (luckily I generally like both). Quite a few times I've gone to sub showings at like an AMC, I've had problems with them starting late, or the subs being cut off, etc...
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Gezzas wrote:
Seen it subbed last year in my local theater chain. I can't say that I was blown away by movie itself but more by experience of seeing anime move on the big screen on a big screen for the first time.

I've only been to see an anime movie twice in theaters and it was an amazing experience both times. My first anime movie on the big screen was The Secret World of Arrietty and the second was when I saw the Sailor Moon R movie when it played in US theaters a few years ago. I was surprised to see Weathering With You is actually playing at my local theater so I'm going to try and go see it. I only got to see Your Name on BD but I loved the movie and I've enjoyed some of Shinkai's other previous works, so I'm really hyped to see Weathering With You on the big screen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1