Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ascendance of a Bookworm Director: All 26 Episodes Are Ready to Air




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Kougeru



Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 5344
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:27 pm Reply with quote
For clarity he obviously means all 12 episodes of season 2 are done, since we already watched the first 14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
CrypticPurpose



Joined: 15 Jan 2020
Posts: 113
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Yay!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JadeShineBright



Joined: 01 Feb 2019
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Beautiful! No delays for the whole season. Ascendance of a Bookworm, Tower Of God, and Love Is War are the 3 best anime airing this season and it doesn't look like they'll be held back by delays. How reassuring.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ermat_46



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 564
Location: Philippines
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 11:48 pm Reply with quote
JadeShineBright wrote:
Beautiful! No delays for the whole season. Ascendance of a Bookworm, Tower Of God, and Love Is War are the 3 best anime airing this season and it doesn't look like they'll be held back by delays. How reassuring.


Yesterday no Utatte has also finished its production, apparently.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ErikaD.D



Joined: 09 Jun 2019
Posts: 467
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 12:10 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
JadeShineBright wrote:
Beautiful! No delays for the whole season. Ascendance of a Bookworm, Tower Of God, and Love Is War are the 3 best anime airing this season and it doesn't look like they'll be held back by delays. How reassuring.


Yesterday no Utatte has also finished its production, apparently.


But what about Fruits Basket?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ScruffyKiwi



Joined: 25 Oct 2010
Posts: 579
Location: New Zealand
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 12:16 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
Ermat_46 wrote:
JadeShineBright wrote:
Beautiful! No delays for the whole season. Ascendance of a Bookworm, Tower Of God, and Love Is War are the 3 best anime airing this season and it doesn't look like they'll be held back by delays. How reassuring.


Yesterday no Utatte has also finished its production, apparently.


But what about Fruits Basket?


I’d be surprised if they have finished all 2 cours of Fruit Basket so we’re probably going to get an interruption there Sad On the plus side “My next life as a villainess” is complete which is a fun show.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ermat_46



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 564
Location: Philippines
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 12:19 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
Ermat_46 wrote:
JadeShineBright wrote:
Beautiful! No delays for the whole season. Ascendance of a Bookworm, Tower Of God, and Love Is War are the 3 best anime airing this season and it doesn't look like they'll be held back by delays. How reassuring.


Yesterday no Utatte has also finished its production, apparently.


But what about Fruits Basket?


Not sure. The ones that we know are due to people in the production tweeting about the status of the show. Frog-kun (Kim Morissy) compiled a list on her Twitter thread:

https://twitter.com/frog_kun/status/1257112471195619329
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dragon695



Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 1377
Location: Clemson, SC
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 1:32 am Reply with quote
I wonder if they had to rush some of these episodes to get them done worried a real lockdown was coming. Like the current episode was not well animated. I am used to limited animation, but this episode particularly stuck out for how many pans, stills, and offscreen action it had.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kami-koto



Joined: 14 Feb 2019
Posts: 50
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 2:07 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
I wonder if they had to rush some of these episodes to get them done worried a real lockdown was coming. Like the current episode was not well animated. I am used to limited animation, but this episode particularly stuck out for how many pans, stills, and offscreen action it had.

I think it's just pacing issues. They need to finish adapting the 4th light novel volume next episode, so they skipped tons of stuff in this episode and instead just gave a basic summary of what happened, which is always accompanied by pans and stills.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kotomikun



Joined: 06 May 2013
Posts: 925
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 2:09 am Reply with quote
Good to hear... though I still can't wrap my head around why "pushed forward" means it's happening sooner, and "pushed back" means it's happening later. Seems totally backwards.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Emerje
Subscriber



Joined: 10 Aug 2002
Posts: 6934
Location: Maine
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:48 am Reply with quote
kotomikun wrote:
Good to hear... though I still can't wrap my head around why "pushed forward" means it's happening sooner, and "pushed back" means it's happening later. Seems totally backwards.

In this case it means the same thing. "Pushed forward" isn't a term that Americans (and I'm sure others) really use in reference to a calendar, we reserve it for time only, not dates. In this case what they're saying is that the first season was meant to be a continues 26 episodes, but for reasons they broke it into two cours with a gap in between leaving the finished episodes waiting to be aired now.

Emerje
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
writerpatrick



Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 618
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 8:15 am Reply with quote
Although the dub is still likely to be delayed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Hiroki not Takuya



Joined: 17 Apr 2012
Posts: 1632
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:23 am Reply with quote
^I forgot this had a dub, so I went and streamed the full dubbed S1 and I definitely like the Japanese VA choices and acting better. No loss as far as I'm concerned, just happy there won't be an interruption...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leviathonlx



Joined: 24 Oct 2019
Posts: 60
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 12:02 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
I wonder if they had to rush some of these episodes to get them done worried a real lockdown was coming. Like the current episode was not well animated. I am used to limited animation, but this episode particularly stuck out for how many pans, stills, and offscreen action it had.


The entire anime was done back in December so probably not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group