• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime-Planet Launches Online Reading Portal in Partnership with J-Novel Club

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Just previews huh... Weird. Personally been avoiding Anime-Planet since finding out that it took them 3 years to realize a 2016 data breach had stolen extremely personal data (username, hashed password, email address, last used IP address, and date of birth.). Just seems like something they should've figured out within months of the data breach, not years. Hard to trust them with my info after that.
Feinraf

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Personally been using Anime-Planet since 2012 and the progress they have made on their site over that time has been great. The mods/owner regularly responds to queries too. This is another feature I'll definitely be using, can't wait to see what they add in the future. The future is bright for us anime/manga fans!
annasartin

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:32 am Reply with quote
Anime-Planet has come a long way, and it's great for the site to be able to help support the industry by making previews more widely available to potential buyers. The fact that they have webtoons (something MyAnimeList is lacking) and OEL / Euromanga (something both MyAnimeList AND Anilist are lacking) in the site database make Anime-Planet better for keeping a more complete list of the stuff you read. Hoping the site will partner up with a lot more companies in the future!
toprak

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:56 am Reply with quote
They have been improving their site too much, they have come a long way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1