• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ARMS' Min Min Joins Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Game on June 29

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:33 pm Reply with quote
The whole presentation was amazing, Sakurai is so charismatic, I especially liked when he started playing with a slinky toy, when he showed the Joker and Eleven amiibo, and he also referenced both Kinikkuman and Dragon Ball.
I think Min Min was the most appropriate choice as the ARMS representative, I really like her design and it seems she is the most popular character from that game. I really like the soundtrack of her game as well, perhaps Nintendo can make a sequel.
On the other hand, my heart sank when I saw the Heihachi mii costume, I really wanted him to appear as a fighter, especially considering we already have 2D fighters like Ryu, Ken and Terry. Heihachi could have represented the 3D fighting games, but both him and Akira Yuki from Virtua Fighter are out. Perhaps Namco can include someone from the Soul series.
It also seems that since Sans' inclusions there's always a special mii costume, but it seems that Vaut Boy's does not include a music track like Sans and Cupman did.
I just hope that the next reveal isn't that far off, I would like to see some 3rd party characters like Ryu Hayabusa and Master Higgins becoming fighters.
DavetheUsher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Glad it was Min Min, she's easily best girl Wink I was rooting for her.

Silver Kirin wrote:
It also seems that since Sans' inclusions there's always a special mii costume, but it seems that Vaut Boy's does not include a music track like Sans and Cupman did.

To be honest I can't think of any music in the series that would fit in Smash Bros. It's all moody, depressing, and atmospheric music. Nothing really catchy or fun or energetic. I supposed they could use one of those licensed radio songs like Butcher Pete, Big Iron, or Country Roads but that's probably a legal nightmare and not technically Fallout related Laughing
I'm just bummed they gave him a generic gun rather than a real weapon from the game like a plasma pistol or Thirst Zapper.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1