• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Animation Starts Recruiting Again

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:18 am Reply with quote
it's pretty bittersweet. On one hand it's really nice KyoAni is rebuilding. On the other hand, the news of recruitment serves as a reminder of what has been lost.

I hope people go easy on KyoAni from here on out.
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:22 am Reply with quote
This is truly fantastic. It's nice to see KyoAni moving forward once again. And it's especially nice to read some really solid positive news instead of the deluge of negative things which have been dominating headlines lately.
Multi-Facets

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Best wishes to the success of the recruits, and the employees and company as a whole.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:43 am Reply with quote
It may take some time for them to go back up to the same level as their previous experienced staff they lost

It's like the 2011 Lokomotiv hockey team plane crash that killed many of its players and coaches. They were a 3-time Russian champion, but after the tragedy, they weren't the same elite team for some time
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:03 pm Reply with quote
i still think some established industry people will definitely consider joining the company. They're a company with goals and values unlike others.
Women creators who feel they haven't been as highly valued as they could be.
Veterans that want to devote more time to a company so dedicated to teaching the next generation.
Personal friends that feel they owe the passed and injured to continue their legacy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1