• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?' 3rd Season Unveils New Visual, Theme Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:55 am Reply with quote
This third season needs a new director one not rushing the seasons and leaving out most of the actual story and character building! It was seriously rushed in session 2. If the content was left for the poorly managed app then they need to rethink that strategy!!
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:37 am Reply with quote
Started geeking when I saw the dark silhouette towards the back, that anime BETTER deliver on that fight.

[EDIT: Removed spoiler tags, as there's no need for them on this comment, and spoiler-tagging an entire post without providing context is pointless anyway. - Key]
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:39 am Reply with quote
With the Summer filled with many shows I'll be following, having this pushed back to the Fall works for me.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:35 am Reply with quote
Catseyetiger wrote:
This third season needs a new director one not rushing the seasons and leaving out most of the actual story and character building! It was seriously rushed in session 2. If the content was left for the poorly managed app then they need to rethink that strategy!!

Didn’t the second season only adapt like 3 of the light novel volumes, when the first season adapted 5? Sounds to me like the first season rushed through way more material.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:03 am Reply with quote
Catseyetiger wrote:

Yeah, season 2 wasn't rushing things at all. Little of substance got cut out in the adaptations of novels 6 and 7. Novel was, admittedly, not adapted fully, but they did the parts most important to the overall storyline.

The Xenos arc is perfectly-sized for a one cour adaptation, so I'm not worried at all about pacing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Really looking forward to this. I haven't passed volume 8 so im excited for the new story line.
Melicans

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:

The Xenos arc is perfectly-sized for a one cour adaptation, so I'm not worried at all about pacing.

Yep, this arc is where I felt the series really took off. This adaptation will be epic.
GhostD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:35 am Reply with quote
The hype is real.
Amuro1X

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Catseyetiger wrote:

Yeah, season 2 wasn't rushing things at all. Little of substance got cut out in the adaptations of novels 6 and 7. Novel was, admittedly, not adapted fully, but they did the parts most important to the overall storyline.

I totally agree. S2 gets way too much bashing, but my only real complaint about it was the fight with Hyakinthos was a bit too quick. The novel dragged it out a bit more and really sold how Bell struggled to overcome the level difference with skill, but even then, the anime still did a good job. Vol 8 got the short end of the stick, but it's also a crazy long novel full of short stories and Bell and Hestia's story is the most important, imo. We even got important foreshadowing for Ais that will play into S3. I'm ok with rushing through Vol 8 if it means getting a whole season for the Xenos arc.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:36 am Reply with quote
Looks like he picked up a dragon girl in the dungeon? The poster looks like it triggered a rift between him and his Sword-Princess.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1