• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix Streams The Seven Deadly Sins: Imperial Wrath of The Gods Anime on August 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Here's the question: Will it fix the awful animation I've heard so much about?
Piexouar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Morry wrote:
Here's the question: Will it fix the awful animation I've heard so much about?

Something that's fundamentally broken can't be fixed, it's irredeemable. And Deen (Marvy Jack) don't have the time to waste on corrections, since they're working on the next season already.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Guess they missed the July window, which they previously promised. It should at least be streaming the bluray versions which have released in Japan by now, though I don't know how much better it is compared to the broadcast not counting the censorship.
will.babe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:28 pm Reply with quote
from the screeshots and fight clips I've seen on youtube I'm surprised Netflix is wasting money on dubbing this trash but oh well I guess there's an audience for everything
Connor Dino

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:06 pm Reply with quote
^What? Considering how popular the last two seasons were, mixed with the popularity of the manga...why WOULDN'T Netflix dub it? It isn't like they looked at the show and went, "wow, what lackluster animation in the 3rd season, I guess we shouldn't dub it."

Of course they wouldn't do that. It is a popular series that, in a covid environment, is fairly easy to produce as you can do it remotely.

And I'm sure, no matter how the last season turns out, Netflix will dub that one as well. My speculation is that most of the casual viewers of the show, probably won't care as much as you or I for the bad animation quality and rushed job that was the third season. It is a show with characters they like and a fairly engaging story. I'm sure it will do well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1