• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: DMP's Juné Imprint to Release Volume 4 of Twittering Birds Never Fly Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:57 pm Reply with quote
That's some good news. Making sure I'm reading it correctly... it's not a Kickstarter or "go to special website" release? Just a regular release (with a first run bonus).
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps the "something extra" is vol. 5, since the wait for even vol. 4 has been absurdly long Razz I'd been holding off on reading vol. 3 because who knew when we'd be caught up, if ever. Anyway, good news, and hoping this means that vols. 5 and 6 aren't too far off.

here-and-faraway wrote:
That's some good news. Making sure I'm reading it correctly... it's not a Kickstarter or "go to special website" release? Just a regular release (with a first run bonus).

I think people would revolt if they did another Kickstarter at this point. AFAIK, they're still working on fulfilling Wonder 3 (and handing out partial refunds, since Tezuka Pro was apparently so fed up with them that they rescinded the print rights for the rest of the books in that KS), and Kodomo no Jikan seems to be in limbo.

ETA: Huh, I only just noticed that this announcement was made on "801 Day"-- August 1st. How bad is DMP's PR these days that they aren't sending major release announcements to sites like ANN?
daisicles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:24 pm Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:

It should be a regular release and theoretically available through regular retail outlets, but I'm not sure I'd count on it being in stock anywhere but on their website.

Before they announced this, I'd been hoping they'd lost the license because at the rate they're going, I could just teach myself Japanese and read the original volumes before vol 5 comes out in English.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:32 am Reply with quote
..I keep wondering how they manage to stay in business. Still waiting on my KnJ and Psyche Delico books and rewards.
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:24 am Reply with quote
Damn. Yes I’m extremely happy the next volume is finally coming but a part of me was hoping it got dropped, that way Sublime would pick it up. Because 3 whole years between releases is a YIKES
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1