• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Pet

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Pet is absolutely a series that benefits from the binge-watching model

Couldn't agree more. It's not unusual for me to find series that I enjoy while I'm watching them, but have trouble facing diving back into once I have to wait for the next episode. Pet was one of those in spades, and I finally dropped it around episode 6 or 7 I think. I just couldn't justify spending the time when there was so much other stuff I didn't have to twist my own arm to want to watch. Smile

The review kind of makes me wish I'd waited until I could binge it, but I probably wouldn't have bothered anyway.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:12 pm Reply with quote
This was my favorite anime of Winter (while Railgun was facing difficults, sure, but still). I didn't have most of the problems you seemed to, having liked it from the start, but I do agree that the ending is a step above the rest of the episodes.
simona.com

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:57 am Reply with quote
masterpiece. can't wait to read the sequel.
SHD

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 4:28 pm Reply with quote
This show started off a bit rocky, but after a few episodes I started understanding what it was trying to get at, and while it remained relatively flawed in numerous ways (why, oh why did they make the poor seiyuu speak Mandarin?) I think it was a pretty interesting show, with some fairly resonant themes about abuse, toxic relationships, the darker aspects of love, etc. I read the manga after, and... yeah, much the same, but as a result I got interested in the mangaka's other works that I keep coming across, like Bussen and Imuri. I've never read anything else by her, but Imuri, at the very least, seems fairly well-regarded, and Bussen even got a TV adaptation (for whatever those are worth) so if thye're anything like Pet it's worth giving them a try.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:56 am Reply with quote
Very hard to get into and takes considerable effort to understand, but ultimately quite brilliant. Very rewarding of perseverance if you don’t mind it being essentially psychological horror.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:55 am Reply with quote
waiting for this. sounds cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1