• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: NSFW Dakimakura Covers of Uzaki-chan's Titular Mother and Daughter Now Available

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Woo! Sweet Jesus! Those designs are on point. They look pretty safe for work to me. Laughing
Gasero

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:50 pm Reply with quote
What? No lewd Shinichi covers? This is the year 2020, the people demand equality.

Not gonna lie though. That Mama Uzaki cover made me catch some feelings. I feel very guilty for seeing that image because I know Mama Uzaki is innocent.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Rob19ny wrote:
Woo! Sweet Jesus! Those designs are on point. They look pretty safe for work to me. Laughing

...the hell do you work?
Horsefellow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Mother/Daughter is the best Twisted Evil
all-tsun-and-no-dere
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:49 am Reply with quote
Gasero wrote:
What? No lewd Shinichi covers? This is the year 2020, the people demand equality.

Not gonna lie though. That Mama Uzaki cover made me catch some feelings. I feel very guilty for seeing that image because I know Mama Uzaki is innocent.

I don't go here but didn't she have a child? You know that means she knows what sex is, right?
gridsleep

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:42 am Reply with quote
Hobby Japan may be trying to compete with J-List.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:16 am Reply with quote
Insert "Oh my oh my goodness" gif.
Gasero

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:11 am Reply with quote
all-tsun-and-no-dere wrote:
Gasero wrote:

I don't go here but didn't she have a child? You know that means she knows what sex is, right?

Innocent in the sense that I don't think she would expose her body to someone who is not her lover. Of course she has had sex though. You can have sex and still be "innocent".

Uzaki's images fit with her personality, but Mama Uzaki hasn't done something in the show to make me think that image of her has been earned.
ATastySub
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:46 pm Reply with quote
#915163 wrote:
Okay ANN, this headline is awful. It reads like a mess, and I get what you were trying to go for with the word "titular" but you didn't even use it correctly.

Quote:
NSFW Dakimakura Covers of Uzaki-chan's Titular Mother and Daughter Now Available

The mother isn't "titular" because the series' title isn't about the mother, and then you loop back to "daughter" when the title already referenced her.

It should be something like this:

NSFW Dakimakura Covers of Uzaki-chan's Titular Character and Her Mother Now Available

The Uzaki-chan who wants to hang out, the titular character, is Hana Uzaki, not her mother.

They’re both named Uzaki.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Over the years, I have resisted buying a hug pillow because to me that represents going 'full" otaku and openly admitting I am irrevocably beyond the embrace of polite society. But damn, those covers are threatening to bring me over to the dork side...
Eigengrau

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Did they misspell "Dekai" on her t-shirt? It looks like "Dakai".
Actar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Eigengrau wrote:
Did they misspell "Dekai" on her t-shirt? It looks like "Dakai".

A man of culture, I see.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:12 pm Reply with quote
I'd say Uzaki-chan and HaHa are both totally tit-ular... Wink
Doomroar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:30 am Reply with quote
Gasero wrote:
all-tsun-and-no-dere wrote:
Gasero wrote:

Innocent in the sense that I don't think she would expose her body to someone who is not her lover. Of course she has had sex though. You can have sex and still be "innocent".

Uzaki's images fit with her personality, but Mama Uzaki hasn't done something in the show to make me think that image of her has been earned.

The woman that has constant fantasies of being seduced by her daughter's boyfriend is innocent?

She is top 5 characters who will cheat on their husbands material.
Gasero

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:06 am Reply with quote
Doomroar wrote:
The woman that has constant fantasies of being seduced by her daughter's boyfriend is innocent?

She is top 5 characters who will cheat on their husbands material.

We don't know that she would cheat on someone else to be with Shinichi. For all we know, if Tsuki is interested in Shinichi, she might leave her husband and start a new life with Shinichi, which is not cheating. I think the anime dialog is written well enough to make it ambiguous about whether Tsuki is fantasizing about Shinichi or is wondering what is on his mind.

I like that there is enough ambiguity to make it so that the audience doesn't know if Tsuki wants Shinichi or not. Otherwise, I think Tsuki would be much more interested in those misinterpreted conversations that seem like Shinichi wants to "experience" Tsuki.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1