• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan Manga Is 1% to 2% From Completion

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:21 am Reply with quote
So that means before December is over or nah? Find out next time on SnK Z.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:23 am Reply with quote
Rob19ny wrote:
With 1-2%, that basically mean like only 2-3 chapters left - so most likely December-January.

Still expect rushed conclusion.
The Hansond Jaysond Lee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:31 am Reply with quote
So basically the manga will end with volume 34. Unless he's planning to draw a 180-200 pages chapter, I don't think Isayama could finish the series this year. My guess is that he'll finish the serialization halfway through the airing of the Final Season. That gives MAPPA about 2 months to animate those remaining chapters (unless they're splitting the season). Or maybe Isayama already told them how the series gonna end. I find that plausible.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:52 am Reply with quote
The Hansond Jaysond Lee wrote:
So basically the manga will end with volume 34. Unless he's planning to draw a 180-200 pages chapter, I don't think Isayama could finish the series this year. My guess is that he'll finish the serialization halfway through the airing of the Final Season. That gives MAPPA about 2 months to animate those remaining chapters (unless they're splitting the season). Or maybe Isayama already told them how the series gonna end. I find that plausible.

Taking into consideration that the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood anime ended at the same time as the manga, it's definitely plausible.
ThatMoonGuy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:56 am Reply with quote
Rob19ny wrote:

I'd say not. Even january would be pushing it a bit, I feel. spoiler[I'd expect the fight that's happening now to last at least two chapters and then I can see one or two epilogue chapters]. So I don't see it ending before february, really.
Everlasting Coconut

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:54 am Reply with quote
Quote:
With 1-2%, that basically mean like only 2-3 chapters left - so most likely December-January.

I'm personally impressed by how Isayama's has been handling this last portion of the story in every single aspect. From pacing, to character arcs coming full circle, to hitting every thematic note the story needs to hit. Everything's just wrapping up so nicely.

So judging by all that I have no reason to believe 3 chapters won't be enough to give the story the satisfying conclusion it deserves. Seems like the right number, and I'm cautiously excited.

Bring it on, Isayama!
getumbuck

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Everlasting Coconut wrote:
Quote:

I'm personally impressed by how Isayama's has been handling this last portion of the story in every single aspect. From pacing, to character arcs coming full circle, to hitting every thematic note the story needs to hit. Everything's just wrapping up so nicely.

So judging by all that I have no reason to believe 3 chapters won't be enough to give the story the satisfying conclusion it deserves. Seems like the right number, and I'm cautiously excited.

Bring it on, Isayama!

See it's the opposite for me. I view everything since the time skip to be a complete mess, still glad you're enjoying though.
Everlasting Coconut

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:25 pm Reply with quote
getumbuck wrote:
See it's the opposite for me. I view everything since the time skip to be a complete mess, still glad you're enjoying though.

Do you think the anime adaptation could change your opinion if it makes some changes (kind of like what happened with S3), or do you find the story fundamentally flawed? Just curious.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:46 pm Reply with quote
getumbuck wrote:
Quote:

Bring it on, Isayama!

That’s a very very unpopular opinion. And you’re surely entitled to it but I don’t understand how someone could be displeased with the events of the post-timeskip. Especially the immediate events of the ***** invasion.
jdnation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Final arc has been pretty dang epic! And I've no idea how it'll end, but I'm all in!

If I had to guess, maybe 4-5 chapters left to tie it all up neatly?

I could see the collected book for the finale being extra big in page count.
MarkyMarc413

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:49 pm Reply with quote
1-2% would calculate out to 2 or 3 chapters, but I figured there'd be 4 chapters left to fill a whole volume, unless the last 3 are a bit longer than usual.

Either way the manga's last chapter will release by mid-March, around the end of the first cour of the Final Season.

I'm thinking the final season might be a split-cour release, and maybe a bit longer than 24 episodes, because why bother starting in early December instead of January with the rest.of the Winter Anime? I think the first part will be 15 or 16 episodes, then 12 or 13 for the second part, giving us 27-29 episodes, which seems sufficient enough to wrap up the series, but I wouldn't complain if the show ends up being a 3-cour show with 33-36 episodes. It all depends on their adaptations pacing.

-Marc.
getumbuck

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:26 pm Reply with quote
getumbuck wrote:

Do you think the anime adaptation could change your opinion if it makes some changes (kind of like what happened with S3), or do you find the story fundamentally flawed? Just curious.

I doubt I'm watching this thing animated, the manga has been something I've been forcing myself to read for the past 3 years and has brought me little to any enjoyment.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:38 pm Reply with quote
He will end up with about 3 million sold per volume if 34 will be the last one. Damn. 138 should be the last chapter if the usual length is mostly held up. So 4 more at most with an ending in March at the latest. Enough pages for sure.
Shounen giants often get a final gaiden volume by the same creator(s). Wouldn´t be surprised to see one here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Crystalblade13

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:35 pm Reply with quote
getumbuck wrote:

I doubt I'm watching this thing animated, the manga has been something I've been forcing myself to read for the past 3 years and has brought me little to any enjoyment.

What’s been bothering you about it? It’s been on of the best final manga arc according the the vast majority of fans. Myself included. Pacing, art, and action have been amazing. The resolution to long standing questions have been satisfying and logical. The progression of events has been exciting and unpredictable. And the characters have been at their best as well. I legitamently can’t fathom how a fan of the series wouldn’t find this finale satisfying.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Cleaned up the topic a bit. Saying someone's opinion is dumb because you disagree with it is not going to be tolerated. People can have different opinions than you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1