• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Capcom Reveals Capcom Arcade Stadium Switch Collection of Arcade Titles

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:41 pm Reply with quote
So basically, this is a "enhanced" port of Capcom Arcade Cabinet that was released on PS3 and Xbox 360 back in 2013 (but with 2 different version of Street Fighter 2, and some arcade games that wasn't found on the PS3/360 version) for Switch?

So for now it's on Switch, and I guess a year later after the Switch release it'll find it's way into PS4/PS5 and Xbox One/Xbox Series S/X.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JeffreySweeney

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:53 pm Reply with quote
No Darkstalkers? Ewww POOR! Seriously though, if this had included Vampire - The Night Warriors, Vampire Hunter - Darkstalkers' Revenge, and Vampire Savior - The Lord of Vampire, I would have bought this just for that. Guess we'll never have Darkstalkers on the Switch.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:57 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
So basically, this is a "enhanced" port of Capcom Arcade Cabinet that was released on PS3 and Xbox 360 back in 2013 (but with 2 different version of Street Fighter 2, and some arcade games that wasn't found on the PS3/360 version) for Switch?

So for now it's on Switch, and I guess a year later after the Switch release it'll find it's way into PS4/PS5 and Xbox One/Xbox Series S/X.

Not quite, as there are some games that were on Cabinet but aren't on Stadium, but close enough. I'll definitely be getting this when it comes out, but I do hope that Capcom doesn't just stick with these 32 games, as there are still a ton of arcade games that they could put out, especially for the first time, maybe as a "Season 2" later on.
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:28 am Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

Not quite, as there are some games that were on Cabinet but aren't on Stadium, but close enough. I'll definitely be getting this when it comes out, but I do hope that Capcom doesn't just stick with these 32 games, as there are still a ton of arcade games that they could put out, especially for the first time, maybe as a "Season 2" later on.

Yeah I just realized that after I watched the video and compare the list (this was after I put my opening post), and realize there are some games from Capcom Arcade Cabinet. You are correct.

Also I just realized that this collection has Final Fight and Captain Commando when these 2 were released previously on Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle (which also was released on Switch). So that's going to be weird for Switch owners that already owned and played these 2 games on Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle getting this collection to have another copy of Final Fight and Captain Commando.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:51 am Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Also I just realized that this collection has Final Fight and Captain Commando when these 2 were released previously on Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle (which also was released on Switch). So that's going to be weird for Switch owners that already owned and played these 2 games on Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle getting this collection to have another copy of Final Fight and Captain Commando.

And Warriors of Fate, Armored Warriors/Powered Gear, & Battle Circuit from the Beat-em-Up Bundle, as well as some crossover with the Street Fighter Anniversary Collection. Repeat entries isn't surprising, really, as not everyone who'd be interested in this collection necessarily bought either or both of those collections.

It's really no different from how Hamster's Arcade Archives has SNK titles that are also parts of other collections (SNK 40th Anniversary & Samurai Shodown NeoGeo). That just comes with the territory, honestly.
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:09 am Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:

And Warriors of Fate, Armored Warriors/Powered Gear, & Battle Circuit from the Beat-em-Up Bundle, as well as some crossover with the Street Fighter Anniversary Collection. Repeat entries isn't surprising, really, as not everyone who'd be interested in this collection necessarily bought either or both of those collections.

It's really no different from how Hamster's Arcade Archives has SNK titles that are also parts of other collections (SNK 40th Anniversary & Samurai Shodown NeoGeo). That just comes with the territory, honestly.

*Looking at the list again*

Whoops, how did I missed that. Embarassed

Well anyway, I stand corrected. This collection is now basically Capcom Arcade Cabinet + Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle combined (with some minor differences). Well looks like Switch owners that already have Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle and are thinking about getting this collection are going to get 2 copies of the games.
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:41 am Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:

Judging by a certain feature included, this is by Digital Eclipse which would be a downgrade from the PS360 version by M2.

Quote:

I doubt it'll take THAT long but according to last month's leak, it's definitely a timed exclusive, same goes for the new Ghosts 'n Goblins.
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:20 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:

Judging by a certain feature included, this is by Digital Eclipse which would be a downgrade from the PS360 version by M2.

First of all, we don't know who's the developer for that collection. It has the rewind feature, but it's a bit different from Digital Eclipse's rewind feature. Also if you looked at Digital Eclipse they don't have that menu selection found in other games they worked on like Disney's Aladdin and the Lion King, SNK 40th anniversary Collection, and Samurai Shodown NeoGeo collection. And there's another clue that this isn't Digital Eclipse's work. Look at the article:

ANN wrote:
The game will release with 1943 - The Battle of Midway -, with Ghosts 'n Goblins available for purchase as separate DLC. All 30 other games are also available as separate DLC, either in three different each containing 10 titles, or as a bundle for all 30 titles.

Digital Eclipse usually release a game collection all in one, not in separate DLCs. This collection reminds me more of M2's previous Capcom Arcade Cabinet.

But again, we don't know who's the developer for this collection, but it doesn't look anything like Digital Eclipse's work.

NJ_ wrote:

I doubt it'll take THAT long but according to last month's leak, it's definitely a timed exclusive, same goes for the new Ghosts 'n Goblins.

Well, that's what I thought. Do you have links or evidence that backed up your statement, NJ? Not only for me, but for people on ANN that owned PS4/PS5 and Xbox One and Series S/X that would like to see it for themselves.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:57 am Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
NJ_ wrote:

Well, that's what I thought. Do you have links or evidence that backed up your statement, NJ? Not only for me, but for people on ANN that owned PS4/PS5 and Xbox One and Series S/X that would like to see it for themselves.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/capcom-ransomware-leaks-thread-check-op-for-latest-contents.327053/page-24#post-51973979

^Posted last month
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1