• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Otherside Picnic Anime Reveals Theme Song Artists, January 4 Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MMOSimca

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:53 am Reply with quote
Looks like nobody else posted on this news article yet. Anyway, I'm pretty hyped for this series. Most Yuri series aren't really good fits to become anime because they inevitably will not get more seasons and will have lackluster endings.

This series is an exception. The Yuri elements are not at the forefront of the story, and even if you removed them, the series would still be great. Because of that and because it has a great director (woo, Steins;Gate!), I have high hopes for this one breaking out beyond the Yuri genre's usual limits (i.e. seen by more than 5 people).

Additionally, the story is both fantastic and segmented into clear 'arcs', which makes it a good fit for anime.

So, anyone else planning to watch? Also, does anyone know where this will be broadcast digitally? Sony controls licensing for it, so I thought maybe Funimation, but Sony also bought Crunchyroll recently.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1