• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon Eternal Anime Films' New Video Previews Transformation Sequence for 6 Guardians

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:24 pm Reply with quote
I’m still kind of eh on Usagi and Chibiusa’s transformations but I’m glad that not all the Inners’ transformations were 90s anime redraws which was what I was a little concerned about. But the new transformations look really gorgeous and I think Mercury’s is the best it’s looked yet in this reboot. There’s also been a lot of speculation that Netflix might be streaming the Eternal movies. https://twitter.com/jrpictures/status/1332963952389619712?s=21
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Would love to see Ikuko Itoh credited in the movie since those transformations, even the Inners, borrow frames that she drew for the original series. Crisis Transformation sequence is just a shortened version of the original, just with new backgrounds and more sparkles.

I am going to have fun screenshotting the new animation and posing with the transformation bank cels I own from the original series. Going through the new Crisis transformation made me say "Ooh...new version of my cel…"
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:54 pm Reply with quote
I’m kinda ticked that they changed the planetary symbols back to the 90s versions (hearts instead of circles for Venus and Mercury)
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Very, very excited to see this movie now, Mercury's transformation no doubt was the best, and that poster looks awesome too.

Also glad to see they got a new writer for the scripts also.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1