• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Konosuba Film's English Dub on January 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:06 am Reply with quote
According to the schedule, the movie will stream at 2pm central US time today. So a little less than 5 hours from now.
SUPER_METR0lD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:43 am Reply with quote
Hopefully this comes to Funimation as well soon since Sony recently bought Crunchyroll. I just don't want to add yet another streaming service to the pile. Individually they're not expensive, but they add up quickly.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:58 am Reply with quote
SUPER_METR0lD wrote:
Hopefully this comes to Funimation as well soon since Sony recently bought Crunchyroll. I just don't want to add yet another streaming service to the pile. Individually they're not expensive, but they add up quickly.

It's not finalized as of yet. The authorities can still reject it. But that is unlikely.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:18 pm Reply with quote
SUPER_METR0lD wrote:

Well, Discotek has the license to both seasons 1 and 2 of the series, so for all we know, they might wind up getting the license to the movie. Who knows?
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:16 pm Reply with quote
SUPER_METR0lD wrote:
You don’t really need a Crunchyroll subscription to watch it though. It’s streaming for free with ads.
SUPER_METR0lD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:49 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
SUPER_METR0lD wrote:
You don’t really need a Crunchyroll subscription to watch it though. It’s streaming for free with ads.

Trying to start up the video it literally says "This is a sample clip. To watch the full video, start a premium subscription!"
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:58 pm Reply with quote
SUPER_METR0lD wrote:
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

Trying to start up the video it literally says "This is a sample clip. To watch the full video, start a premium subscription!"

The subbed version is free with ads. Dubbed version should be the same after January 8th.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1