• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent TV Anime Reveals Promo Video, 4 More Cast Members

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:13 am Reply with quote
This seems like a very soothing, interesting, Isekai with a female lead. It's nice to hear Yui Ishikawa in a lead role again.

It appears to be a Reverse-Harem, but is there actual romance?
IceLeaf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:41 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
This seems like a very soothing, interesting, Isekai with a female lead. It's nice to hear Yui Ishikawa in a lead role again.

It appears to be a Reverse-Harem, but is there actual romance?

There is romance and a clear love interest in the manga but I haven't got around to reading the novel yet. But I know it's a weird case of the novel being listed for a male audience but the manga is shoujo
pcj

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it's not really harem. Been reading the novels, and it's awesome. While there are eventually 4 guys who clearly have an interest in her, they are interested for different reasons, and only one of them is really romantic (two feel more like a family members, one just wants her so he can experiment on her!) so it's not like there's actually competing love interests.

It's pretty amazing how much you can do in an isekai with an overpowered female protagonist without going out and killing monsters. (applying those amazing powers to mundane office work, essentially, in her new choice of occupation as an herbal researcher).

Oh, the monsters come eventually, but the anime will probably never get that far. And it's a sweet ride on the way there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1